thank you hits 16

slsh

member since 1999
My beloved thank you is (gasp) 16 today. It's leaving me a little speechless, LOL. It's a milestone b-day... but I'm struggling a bit with a sense of urgency re: his behaviors and next placement, his desire to drive (which I just think is a really bad idea), and kind of a sense of loss/grief, more so than I've felt in quite a while.

But... we're heading up there tomorrow to celebrate, and I think I will go through old photos tonight of my little thank you to relocate my sense of awe and gratitude. He was a remarkable tyke, truly a gift. I remember just watching him for hours when he was little, amazed at what he could do, his sharp mind, his complete cuteness. He has turned into a young man who gives us glimpses of the possibilities. He still has an inquisitive mind and continues to be an affectionate and loving son. And he's so *big*, LOL. It blows my mind to look at this giant and know that he's my baby.

So... Happy Birthday to thank you. :bravo:

Fran

Former desparate mom
It's amazing how time has flown. I remember him, so vividly as a little guy. It has been a really difficult road with lots of obstacles and pitfalls. He is still here and there is still hope.

Congratulations on making it this far.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Happy Birthday thank you. :flower:

I'm with Fran. I saw your post and went "no way!" lmao Time sure does fly by.

((((hugs))))

kris

<span style="color: #993399">.....& in just the blink of an eye :slap: :slap: lol.

enjoy your trip down memory lane. you deserve it.

kris
</span>

DammitJanet

Oh how can this be? 16? No way!

Wasnt he 7 when you came to the board and Cory was 12...lol. Gosh we go back a long way.

He has certainly been through a lot and so have you but he has grown so much. You have much to look forward to now.

I cant wait to see what the next few years bring for both of you.

Happy birthday to both of you.

busywend

Happy birthday thank you!!!

Sue, I know - mine will be 16 in a month or so. Very strange to think about it. I am trying not to.

Enjoy the celebration!

LittleDudesMom

Sue,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY thank you :smile:

Enjoy your visit tomorrow and your photos. It's the possibilities they present that keep us in the game (well, that and our love for them).

Sharon

Sunlight

oh my! I always picture him as much younger! geez! then again ant was 16 when I started here and he is now 23.

I did notice too that the governors and news people seem younger and younger...hmmm perhaps I am aging myself! lol
Have a joyous celebration of the day of his birth!

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Sue, I don't visit General on a regular basis anymore. I'm so glad I checked today. Even thought I'm a day late, please know the many good wishes and joy I feel that your beloved thank you is turning 16. It's been such a long haul and you remain one of my warrior Mom inspirations.

Please give your birthday boy a big hug from Aunt Suz. WOW.

Hugs,
Suz