THANK YOU !!

Plate's_Full

:angel:
THANK YOU ALL for the support and understanding that you have poured out on me and I must say for once in a very long time I fell normal in a place with so many of US are in the same boat.Yes I got me time I joined a bowling league on wednesday nights for me and other half to get a break smack dab in the middle of our hectic week,I throw my 14lb ball down the lane and smash those poor pins down lol with each pin I imagine little faces of those who have frustrated me lol it's cheap therepy. None of difficult child's are on any medication's, altho some days I feel I might benifit from some my self but not there yet. I was looking it to home schooling my children with so much going on ,BUT have decided after reading so much here and speaking with some other agencies yesterday,That the school will be avising my autistic son's IEP and that I already have in place a psychological and educational full assesment on going for both my younger son's I got that rolling about 9 days ago at the huge board meeting I called to help us al get these little guys settled. You see small school so both my children I have issues with are in same class not a good thing to have siblings all day cramed together.next year it changes, so I decided to send them back to school today and with a good talking to, I'm sure they listend lmao!! my son who got in to fight is Casey and he is a easy child difficult child and usally the most helpful of kids and it was a very unlike him thing to do but it was with his best friend who tends to be a little slap happy and it got out of hand.SO I sent Jescey who is autistic to school with ammo this am to speak with his principal about the EA he is very scared of her to begin with and about all her yelling!! he said HE was READY to make changes!! I had to smile and send him off with a hug of protection for the day he loves when I say that to him. I bribed Avery by telling him if he was great all day and brings me home a note from the teacher to verify I will give him yogurt for snack (his adhd trigger is all dairy ) so Iw ill endure he hyperness for a good day at school.it is now 11:45am and touch wood no calls as YET I am having a better day . THANK YOU ALL

LittleDudesMom

Melody,

well, the school day is over and I hope you had a quiet phone today! Glad you joined the bowling league. Quality time with your better half and an avenue to get a little anger out!!!!!

Sharon

Marguerite

Bowling is great therapy. Here's another string to your bow - squash. This is a tip from my sister (who raised three difficult children): get a squash ball and a felt pen. Write the name(s) of whoever has been bugging you on the squash ball, then get into the court and start hitting. To play squash well you have to hit the ball HARD. The harder the better. Then you flick it up off the wall and hit it again. And again. Half an hour of this is darn good exercise, you come off the court with your adrenalin expended and your anger eased. Plus some calories burnt off. I also used to find that THAT'S when I do my best thinking, planning, plotting and scheming. I would still, if I could still play squash like that. I can't even bowl any more. I tried, last time difficult child 3 was playing with the autism social club. So all that's left - standing on the rocks at the beach during a fierce storm. Fabulous anger therapy.

Marg