Thanks for all the good wishes...got a car!

DammitJanet

We are ready to head up there now.

I absolutely cannot believe things are falling into place for me. My back pay from Disability came in right in time and I was able to get a car. Unbelievably with a substantial down payment I was approved for credit and I am now the proud owner of a brand new car!!! I am in shock...lol. I keep going out to stare at it. I never dreamed I could get one. I had a car repossessed when I got sick so I thought my credit was shot. I was just looking for something I could pay cash for. This will really give me a leg up on several fronts...a car that will last me for years plus rebuilding my credit.

My payments are even quite affordable because I didnt finance very much.

So now we are all ready for baby! Let the fun begin...lol.

donna723

:bravo:

Oh Janet, I am SO happy for you! It's about time that some good things came your way for a change! Isn't it amazing how things just come together like that sometimes!

Now you won't have to :dance: all the way to see the new grandbaby!

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Here comes Janet blasting down the freeway... windblowing her hair, stereo cranked up!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

So glad yo get to see your new grandbaby!!!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Janet

It's called good karma. Although it can sometimes seem to take forever to happen. lol You deserve to have a loooooong stretch of good things happening in your life.

Way cool about the car!! I'm doing the happy dance for ya. :dance:

You'd be surprised at the things a hefty down payment can accomplish, that and you have a secure income with your SSI. I never dreamed I'd own my own home. A huge down payment and they couldn't give us the loan fast enough. lol Shocked me.

Enjoy the freedom of a new car!! Keep us posted about the baby.

Hugs

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
<span style='font-family: Comic Sans MS'>Hope you have a safe and fun trip to see the baby....by the way be sure to keep track of where the keys are all the time, but I guess I didn't need to tell you that, right?</span>

:dance: :thumb:

Hooray on all fronts!!! Enjoy your new car, and grandchild!!! Enjoy all the rewards so justly deserved!!!!!-Alysssa(hugs)

DammitJanet

LOL Whymemom...lmao lmao lmao.

This car has this cute lil safety feature on the car that causes it to have a blinking red light on whenever the car is off and the keys are out. Its called some kind of "security system". In reality the only security system is that the keys are computerized and the only key that will work is the one that is coded to work with that particular car. The key and chip have to match. You cant even go to the hardware store and get a key made. The key and the car have to talk to each other computerwise.

But Cory is convinced that the car has a lojack on it! He thinks the little red blinking light is a security alarm that is tied straight in to the police through some system like OnStar and that if the security system isnt turned off by the owner of the car, that the police are summoned by the CAR!

Ford even made me a fake key that only unlocks the doors but wont start the car so he thinks me and tonys dna are special...lmao. We are the only people who can drive the car because the car is coded just for us! I swear the boy is gullible sometimes.

donna723

:wink: Janet, my car has that same kind of "security system" - they even call it that! As far as I know, it's just a little blinkey light on the dashboard! But I wouldn't tell Cory that! Let him go right on thinking that it's some kind of high tech "tracking system" if he wants to!

I've got a couple of those keys that only work the doors too. My son made them for me on their key machine when he worked in the auto parts store. I have three or four of them, in fact. They won't start the car, they just unlock the doors, but they're good to have around for if you ever lock your real keys in the car.

Hope you have a wonderful trip and that all goes smoothly with the new baby. Update us when you can.

On_Call

Janet,

WOO HOO!!! Good for you!! :dance:

I'd also go right ahead and let Cory believe that the car is coded for you alone!! hee hee!

Congrats!

Drive Safely!!