Thanks for the christmas ideas

Steely

Thanks to all who shared your wealth of information on what to difficult child in Residential Treatment Center (RTC) for Christmas. Thanks to you I have a big box of stuff to send his way, and I feel really good that he will feel cared about, loved, and enjoy the stuff you suggested.

I took almost all of your suggestions, and I put together 3 plastic boxes with handles. One box has stuff he can do with his friends when he is bored, like the origami book, silly putty, chess, and making crazy balloon sculptures. The next box has stuff he can do when he is bored by himself, like making a bonsai garden, a zen garden, some art stuff, books, etc. And the last box I got for his electronics so he can put his ipod in there that he already has - and then I bought him a little pair of binoculars to watch the eagles migrate, and a digital camera to take pics of the wildlife. Since it is not a lockdown unit, he has plenty of opp to go outside and explore the beauty of Idaho.

I feel really happy about it all. There are all things that he has to use his mind and be creative with - and things I hope he will like.

Thanks a million again - without your help - he would have been getting a scarf.:forchristmas:

klmno

Wow!! I think the way you put all that together is the most special part about it- that was very creative thinking and put together in a way that only someone close to him could understand - it really shows how much you love him!! Great job!!

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Awesome!!! It really is so beautiful right now up there! It is a very magical time... so much happens this time of year. They are supposed to get hit with a LOT of snow soon!!!
He should love it. It really changes your perspective on life when you are immersed in it. To walk outside and just take it all in. The mountains the wildlife the water.
I hope he can lose himself in some of that and dig deep. Not worry about anything else, just let himself relax for once in his distraught too much going on his mind life!