Thanksgiving Eve, what to be grateful for...............

recoveringenabler

Staff member
I hope everyone has a safe, joyful and yummy day tomorrow.

I know many of us are facing tough moments in our lives, I thought, for just right now, we might focus on what we are really thankful for............

For me..........

I am eternally thankful for the light in my granddaughter's eyes, the smile on her face and her getting to be 16 in as normal a fashion as is possible...........even though typical teen behavior is trying, I'm thrilled she is a typical teen!

I am always thankful for the humor and gentleness displayed daily by my guy, he is a treasure and a gift from the Gods.....

I am thankful that the 3 of us are healthy and that lots of moments of lots of days are spent laughing..

I am very thankful that this year of the PHD program of detachment is coming to an end and I have lived to tell the tale..........it's not perfect but it's OH SO MUCH better then it was

I am SO SO thankful that my difficult child has landed 'somewhere'.... is not homeless nor in jail, and seems to be managing in her world OK.

I am thankful for this board, for the support, the care, the wisdom, the relentless commitments we all have for our children, for showing me the way out of the chaos............

I am very grateful that for the most part there is much joy and peace in my life now, that I found a way to be OK in the midst of the chaos of mental illness, ...........I feel so fortunate to be able to say that and to be able to live that...........

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

So, what are you thankful for?

LittleDudesMom

First and foremost, I'm glad I opened my eyes and put my feet on the floor this morning.

I am thankful for the health of my family and loved ones.

I am thankful for this wonderful country we live in.

I am thankful difficult child came excited to the car yesterday after school, told me not to drive yet, and pulled out his report card with a "look at me now" flourish! I am thankful he is more social and more aware of his place in this universe this year. I am thankful that the darkness is slowly dissipating.

I am thankful for the tender, loving spirit of my easy child.

I am thankful for the increasingly better relationship I have forged with my mother this year.

I am thankful for this board, all the brave warrior moms that came before us, and those who continue to find their way here.

I am thankful to have a job that lets me hop here and type this list!!

Happy Thanksgiving.

Sharon

DammitJanet

As I am every year, I am thankful for this board and all the wonderful friends I have met here.

I am thankful that Cory seems to mature and get better with age, somewhat like fine wine..lol.

I am thankful that all of my children and grandchildren are healthy and happy.

I am thankful that I am still alive and kicking.

I am thankful that Tony is still able to work. Dont know how much longer I can say that.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I am thankful for my family, warts and all.

I'm thankful that Onyxx is recovering well. It makes my life, and hers, much easier.

I'm thankful that I was blessed with my MegaBean.

I'm thankful for my Jett, who has a strong back and a willingness to please.

I'm thankful for my husband, who loves me even when I'm hormonal and witchy.

I'm thankful for my parents, who have done SO much for me. I can't even begin to list everything.

I'm thankful for my Board sisters and brothers... Y'all have kept me sane.

And... I am thankful for modern medicine.

SuZir

We don't have Thanksgiving, but I do have a lot to be thankful for this year for me and mine:

- I'm thankful of my family and health

- I'm thankful of peace and safety and prosperity of the country I live in (this one is so easy to forget to be thankful for and take granted)

- I'm thankful me and husband have been hanging there over twenty years already, even if our relationship right now isn't in its highest part

- I'm thankful of my easy child who is mostly delightful young man who brings me so much joy. When he is not busy being PITA typical teen, but that is okay too.

- I'm thankful I have so much reasons to be thankful with my difficult child this year. After awful year before this, he has taken so many steps forward, matured so much that at times it is almost impossible to believe it is a same boy. Latest to be thankful with him is that he has started to talk to me again like not in ten years. I do cherish that.

- I'm incredibly thankful how good hands difficult child managed to fall in his darkest moments. He is in excellent place for him and being very well taken care of. Especially thankful I'm about the new addition to his 'background personnel.' His sport psychologist/mental coach who has been heaven send. He has been able to make sense into the chaos and start so many new, great paths for difficult child to approach.

- I'm thankful that after years of being so busy being a mom that I had little time for anything else I'm starting the paths of self (re)discovery. I'm really looking forward there those paths lead me.

- I'm thankful for finding this board and gathering courage and registering after lurking.