That DARN Cat!!!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Aaaaarrrrrggggh!!!!!

Harley escaped again. Second time in a week, and it's my fault this time. I left the upstairs door open and he got out on the balcony and must have jumped down onto the fence.

I let him out to wander for about an hour this evening before it got dark. Then I shooed him back in the house and completely forgot about the door upstairs. The screen on it is broken and I had opened it to cool off the bedroom.

I wouldn't be so worried if 1) We didn't live were there are coyotes, and 2) I hadn't heard coyotes like I did tonight just before I brought him in the FIRST time!!! :anxious:

And so he's probably been out wandering around for close to 3 hours now. If anything happens to him, I'll never forgive myself, and I doubt the kids will either... :angry-very:

The only consolation I have is that he is a good climber and well-camouflaged (he's a smoke grey). But if a coyote surprises him, it's all over...

gcvmom

Here we go again!
:whew:

He's back. I was sitting on the back patio with my flashlight, just waiting. I got up to go look on the side of the house and here he comes down the path, looking guilty as sin. He slunk to the back door and practically jumped inside once I opened the slider. He's a little jumpy tonight. Wonder if he heard the pack of coyotes down the street about 20 minutes ago!

Okay, I guess that's one MORE gray hair for me! :crazy2: