That kind of day....

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
husband is working from home until tomorrow afternoon. I've been keeping kt out of his hair & fairly occupied. kt made husband lunch & she apparently didn't wash her hands beforehand.

husband all of a sudden started yelling; kt is yelling & I notice they are both yelling at me.

I know this is bad - but I didn't have a clue what went on... all I know is that I was surrounded by a yelling husband & kt - demanding an answer.

Having said that I threw my hands in the air & walked out of the room. husband feels I wasn't backing him up; kt is screaming that I didn't hear the whole story.

NEWSFLASH! :surprise: I didn't hear any of the story. :wink: It happened too fast & my hearing aids are in for repair. I apologized to husband (for what I still haven't a clue) & told kt to get with the program (always fits any situation). :future:

In the meantime, husband is still angry - told him to grow up. I apologized & don't have time for the mopes.

Geez - you'd think people would get a life. :slap:

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
:hammer:

I'd have told them to settle it themselves.

I started doing that with husband when I got sick and tired of playing referee.

(((hugs)))

On_Call

:hammer: is right! Sorry you have to add referee to your resume', Linda! Gosh!

I have to frequently remind husband that he is the adult in difficult child situations. He seems to like to confront difficult child in times when it really isn't worth the argument, etc. And, because both of them like to have the last word . . . you can imagine how that works out for them. :rolleyes:

And, for some reason, husband cannot use a quiet, gentle reminder/correction - everything he says to either one of the kids usually comes out in his raised voice - wonder if he'll ever get the lightbulb moment that shows him that this particular approach doesn't work???

Hoping today is a better day for all.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Ladies, that was my frustration yesterday - husband was acting like a child. Later he told me that I was treating him like a child - "wellllll?"

husband & kt are sleeping in until 8 - I deliberately got up early to enjoy the peace & quiet.

Linda,

The situation you described sounds familiar in my house too!!! No matter how hard we try, we slip up now and then. We're only HUMAN!!! I think the best thing you could have done is walk out of the room. This was between kt and husband. husband should have resolved this without your input. You weren't involved. Neither of them should have tried to involve you.

I think it is hard not to yell at times. However, screaming is the absolute worst thing we can do. If kt is anything like difficult child 1, than she'll enjoy a good screaming match. If kt is anything like difficult child 2, than screaming will send her into a full-blown rage...

I'm sorry you had to go through this!!! in my humble opinion, you shouldn't have had to back husband up. He is a mature adult. He should have acted like one and resolved the matter without screaming. Kt shouldn't have bothered to tell you that you didn't hear the entire story. It almost sounds as if husband and Kt were trying to use a bit of "triangling SP???" Does this make sense???

I hope things are going better today!!! WFEN