The 80th Birthday Party Is Over...the house seems very very quiet.

DDD

husband received 84 birthday cards from all over the place. The "kids" (two easy child daughters in their 50's and two mostly easy child grandsons in their 20's) flew and drove in Thursday in time for dinner. We have pigged out with awesome meals, snacks and beverages from then until noon today. Honestly it could not have been any better than it was...it was FUN! We had lobster tails that GS caught, cleaned, prepped off the shores of Miami. YUM! We had backgammon tournaments, difficult child#1 husband and the visiting GS's went to difficult child#1's watering hole and played pool while watching our U of M team lose a big football game. It was an awesome long weekend.

Biggest surprise of all was that Texas easy child and husband talked about Ace in detail. Her family wants him "when husband is ready". Ace had so much fun with the company that even the easy child who doesn't like dogs said "I think I want him too!" husband seeing how Ace thrived on all the activity "thinks" that maybe this summer Ace should become a Texan. I'm not pushing it but I do think it would be best for Ace and make our lives easier. It was terrific for everyone. DDD

PS: I forgot. The girls are giving husband new hearing aids! WOW!

SuZir

Great! I was just planning to to join Nancy and urge you to tell about the party. Especially the food! I just love hearing about parties and what was served and how were the decorations etc. :bigsmile:

I'm very happy, you had a great party and fun. And it sounds like things are working out with Ace.

Nancy

It sounds like a wonderful party DDD. I'm sure you and husband are floating on air right now from all the love surrounding you. It does sound like it was a lot of fun and the fresh lobster tails....wow! What a wonderful gesture for the girls to get husband new hearing aids. I didn't realize you had a dog, what breed is Ace?

I have been thinking about your party and it sounds like it was just so warm and friendly, love the watering hole visit and sharing the football game. Thanks for sharing details.

Nancy

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Sounds like a fabulous time had by all. You must all be exhausted.

So good to know Ace will have a great place to go when it's needed. :)

InsaneCdn

Talk about thoughtful kids. What on earth could an 80 yo possibly need for his birthday? Of Course! What a GREAT idea!

recoveringenabler

Staff member
I was happy to read your post DDD, what a lovely weekend surrounded by family and love and delicious food. I really can't think of a better way to spend 4 days! Thanks for the update.

lovemysons

What a nice birthday update.
84 cards huh...you could put together quite a memorable scrapbook with those I think.

About Ace moving to Texas. Sure hope he will be an indoor dog because our summers are brutal!!!

Cool the husband is getting hearing aids as a gift too...They are so darned expensive. Only know this cause my mother took me to get a hearing test last year as I am now somewhat hard of hearing.

Glad you all had so much fun.
hugs,
LMS

DDD

Thanks, all. Ace is a big (89#) truly gorgeous Boxer. Ace ATE husband's hearing aid last month when husband fell in the kitchen and the hearing aid popped out...which, of course, he didn't hear. Geez, what a life. LMS I think I Florida dog can become a Texas dog fairly easily, lol, since both States are hot as Hades.

Instead of going on and on and on about the weekend I'll just add one more thing I forgot to share that is AWESOME. This week husband and I are receiving a joint Fed Ex birthday present of totally fresh Stone Crab Claws. OMG! First of the season, Geez!
I can eat a zillion of those and love the last one just as much as the first. His low sodium cardiac healthy diet and my Organic only healthy diet are SHOT. Once we pig out on the claws...we'll get back on board with nutritional eating. Meanwhile we are a couple of very lucky old people. LOL. DDD