The Bachelor- 2/13

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
...pass the barf bags, please.

Ben is an idiot to not recognize a liar when he sees one. Did Courtney ever really look at him when he was questioning her sincerity? Heck no, she looked every which-way instead while talking in baby talk. Honestly, I wanted to puke.

ugh.

Suz

DDD

Have to say that when he talks to her he seems more sincere than he does talking with others. Sigh. I just don't see that he has any connection with anyone else. Double Sigh. Although I am looking forward to the family visits it appears to me that we all better buy a case of barf bags for the future shows. I've decided that he is no prize anyway. DDD

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
I agree that he seems more sincere with her than any of the rest. Her "the spark has gone out" speech probably hit his ego because men love women who play (games) hard to get. What a bunch of baloney.

Suz

Nancy

Just like bad girl Vienna.

Well good for him. Let's see if she's content walking thru a grape vine.

Nancy

DDD

Obviously I'm not in the mood to work today, sigh. I just realized from your post that the Bachelor who hooked up with Vienna had no interest in marraige. That was apparent in the after shows. Maybe the same in true of Ben? He may be looking for a playmate now instead of a wife. That would explain why he is not connecting with the more appropriate potential wives. If he knows that he's "not feeling altar bound" then his choice would be the perfect one. Lord knows she's not boring, lol. I don't recall her ever mentioning the word "marriage" as her goal either. Hmmmmmmm. DDD

Kathy813

Staff member
I hope he is mortified watching this. If he picked Courtney, how could he possibly still be engaged to her? If he picked anyone else, how could they possibly still be engaged to him?

I can't wait to see her hometown date and see her family and how she acts around them. If my difficult child was ever picked to be on the bachelor, I would refuse a home visit.

DDD

OMG, what a frightening thought Kathy. If your difficult child or Nancy's difficult child ever got the idea in their mind...they would probably go for it to "find love". I wouldn't open my home either, by the way. Nope. That's too bizarre for me. DDD

PS: For some strange reason I have clear visual memories of a few home visits where the families were just awesome and welcoming. Of course, lol, I don't remember the names but one was the beautiful Italian ? girl who was a model in NYC and the other was the girl who was into ballet. I really liked those families.

Nancy

ROFL DDD, Ben did say from the beginning that he was looking for a mate, he was ready to settle down and get married. So if that's what he's looking for and she fits the bill than good for them. But I don't expect either of them to stay together very long. He aaid he likes her edgyness(sp?) well let's see how far that gets him.

Did you see the father of Kacie B who I really like, say that she would say no if Ben asked for his blessing? I wonder what he bases that on? They don't see any of the episodes before the home dates so it must be something about him.

Honestly if he picks Courtney then they can dispense with the entire season and just match up the nastiest girl with the bachelor and fast forward right to the ring ceremony. And if he doesn't pick he did he keep her around just for the drama?

Nancy

Kathy813

Staff member
Melissa Rycroft's family refused to do a home visit episode. I remember her trying to explain it away as they were private people. And yet, they came to watch her on Dancing With the Stars.

Maybe they just thought that finding true, everlasting love on The Bachelor was ludacris (notice that does not stop me from watching).

He may be looking for a playmate now instead of a wife.

DDD, I think he is looking for publicity for his winery and he is out for a good time with gorgeous women. He is totally out of his league. In real life, beautiful women like that wouldn't give him a second glance. . . especially Courtney. She is looking to get on television and magazine covers.

~Kathy

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Well, if it's any consolation, we aren't the only ones who are disgusted. I've been reading various sites and everyone is outraged by Courtney's behavior and Ben's stupidity. Many are also making the Jake/Vienna comparison and saying they are just as disgusted by the show itself and how the sincerity has changed over the years as they are with the contestants. I sure hope someone upstairs is listening.

Suz

DDD

We're on the same page guys......now if American speaks maybe we will get a new format and learn to enjoy the darn show again. DDD