The Bachelor finale

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Well? What did you think?

:smile: :nonono: :faint:

I missed the first home visit but have it on tape. I guess I give him credit for not going through the charade of proposing if he didn't mean it...but you have to wonder what their private moments were like for both women to fall so hard for him...and for him NOT. I felt really bad for them both. :crying:

Tonight's "after the rose" show should prove to be very interesting.

Suz

Nancy

I don't get it. Why did he buy a ring? And why did he say on the show last week that he's found the one right for him. What did he want? He didnt have to propose, most of them don't, they say they would like to spend more time with the woman to see if they are right for each other. So what was he thinking? It was so strange.

I do feel sorry for both women.

There was something about him all along that I just couldn't put my finger on, he was too stiff. I thought it was interesting when his mother said she was glad to see him so open with Deanna and show his affection instead of being so closed.

The last few Bachelor seasons I thought should be the last and this is no different. However I will probably still watch if there's another.

Can't wait for tonight.

Nancy

DDD

Huh???? Did that make ANY sense to anyone? Last night is the
very first time that I felt like the prospective brides were used
and abused for the sake of ratings. Why else would they be put
through all that emotional strain?

I felt particularly sorry for the 2nd girl. Good grief. He told
her that he had sent the other girl home at the beginning of their "ring ceremony".......I'm sure she felt like the weight of
the world was lifted off her shoulders when he said that. Then he
pounded her heart into the ground later.

Personally I would (note: I am not thinking maybe I would) have
stuck my hand out to shake his, said "this has been interesting"
and then walked to the car by myself. Not for one blankin' moment would I have hugged the loser or let him see that my heart
was shattered. No way Jose.

If I were his family I would feel ashamed. Really. DDD

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I felt particularly sorry for the 2nd girl. Good grief. He told
her that he had sent the other girl home at the beginning of their "ring ceremony".......I'm sure she felt like the weight of
the world was lifted off her shoulders when he said that. Then he
pounded her heart into the ground later.
</div></div>

Exactly.

I'm very interested to hear what he says tonight. It seemed to me like he WAS going to go for DeAnna, then had a panic attack or something. He freaked, left the podium, started clearing his throat and doing deep breathing etc. So maybe he thought she was the one and just panicked (That happened to me once many moons ago. I was on my way to "set a date" to marry a very nice man...and when I saw him I just knew it was all wrong and I couldn't go through with it. It was horrifying---so embarrassing for both of us and so hurtful for him.)

I'm trying to give him the benefit of the doubt until we hear his side....but it sure is hard.

Suz

DDD

How long does the program last tonight, Suz? I "might" survive
watching 30 minutes but no way am I giving an hour! DDD

Nancy

It didn't make any sense to me either DDD. Obviously they didn't want to can the show, too much money invested, but come on to put those women through that and show it on TV??? Funny thing, I noticed Chris's face when he let go of Deanna arm as she walked up to meet Brad, he didn't look happy. I wondered then what was up.

From the previews it doesn;t sound like Brad is able to give them any real explanation for his actions but we'll see.

Nancy

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I noticed Chris's face when he let go of Deanna arm as she walked up to meet Brad, he didn't look happy. </div></div>

Nancy, I remember thinking that he looked really pale. Interesting.

D3- the show is an hour tonight---10-11

You know they are going to have to put this through a microscope and milk it for all of the suds it's worth. Those poor girls.

I was telling my boss about it (she watches it sporadically) and her first thought was that he said no to these two because he really wanted the third.....Bettina! Hmmm...

Suz

Nancy

Haha Suz...I wondered the same thing, not Bettina but about someone else, maybe he went back to someone he let go previously.

Nancy

Kathy813

Staff member
I watched it for the first time in a long time and felt really let down last night. I keep coming back to those girls sleeping with him and then being cast aside at the end.

I really don't like that aspect of the show. What message does it send to teenagers?

Anyway, if he went back to one of the others, they sure hid it well last week.

Tonight sure will be interesting. I hope they tell him off. :devil:

~Kathy

Nancy

I didn't have anyone particular in mind Suz, although that blond that his brother really liked could be a possibility. I'm sure that's not going to happen I'm just trying to figure out why he told both Jenny and Deanna goodbye if he didn't have someone else he wanted because he could have chosen one of them and then just let it fizzle out like the others do.

I'm not sure he slept with all those girls Kathy, in the past some have alluded to the fact that they just cuddled. Although you are right, the illusion is just as bad when you have impressionable teens watching.

Nancy

Kathy813

Staff member
The message boards are saying (and we all know how reliable they are) that he got back together with his ex-girlfriend.

That could explain why he couldn't commit to either woman.

~Kathy

Nancy

ahhhhh that's probably it Kathy. I thought there had to be someone else in the picture.

What a jerk, he never should have come on the show if he had unfinished business with someone.

Nancy

Nancy

So what your theories now gals?

I'm leaning towards him being involved with another girl, possibly old girlfriend. Could she be pregnant and he just found out? It's like he wanted to be with Deanna but couldn't. When he told her at the end that he was going to miss her more than she would ever know I was thinking there is something that is preventing him from being with her. He says he's sure he can't be with her and yet he says he thinks about her every day.

Something's up. It will come out in the tabloids at some point.

Nancy

Kathy813

Staff member
I did read on the message boards that he found out that his ex-girlfriend was pregnant during the show but we have to remember the source.

It would explain a lot, though, would't it?

Personally, I thought he came across as a jerk last night.

~Kathy

DDD

The girls behaved so maturely on the show. I was impressed.
Truthfully, he didn't deserve either one of them. DDD

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
I definitely think this is more complicated than we know. I mean, he asked for DeAnna's Dad to be flown in, for heaven's sake! And his last comment to DeAnna about missing her just broke my heart for her.

Kathy, what's the link to the message board you're talking about?

Suz

Nancy

No kidding Kathy, wow I must have ESP. That would explain things.

I think he was a jerk too. Actually there were several times during the show that I thought he was a jerk but I didn't want tomatoes thrown at me lol. He didn't impress me.

Nancy