The Bachelor...I don't get it, do you?

DDD

I've been watching some of the show and the caliber of the women seems higher than usual. I haven't seen any drunken half-naked vulgar broads this go round. But honestly and truthfully I just don't see what they see in Brad. He reminds me of the guys who used to hover around just hoping some girl would agree to go out due to boredoom.

Where is his personality? Where is a sign of genuine happiness? I just can't see why so many lovely, bright and achieving young women would hope to "win" him. What am I missing? In fact he gives the appearance of being on the spectrum. Sigh.

by the way doesn't that one woman remind you of a lovely famous actress in the 60's or 70's. Her name is floating between my ears but not coming out my fingertips. LOL
Maybe the bionic woman? I don't have time to look it up before work but I bet you all know who I'm talking about... Anyway I don't get the attraction. Do you? DDD

DDD

I just saw an article about how she is "scary"...her name is Michele.

Is it Lindsey Wagner that she resembles???

Yes...I know I should be working but I have nonsense on the brain this morning, lol. DDD

Nancy

Michele is very scary and I think she's one he's just keeping around for tv, he keeps giving her looks and comments when she says stupid things. She probably is the only one who fits with Brad because I think they are both the same classwise.

I also dont understand what these women see in Brad. I don't know if you followed the story about Emily and how she lost her fiance in a plane crash on his way to a NASCAR race which she was suppose to go to but was feeling ill. I looked it up on google and they were a lovely couple and he came from a family of NASCAR racers. When you look at the pictures of Emily and her fiance I don't see how she could think Brad is even in the same league. She is so much more classy than he is and I hope she realizes that so she isn't hurt in the end. And she told him early on that her fiance was into racing so why he would take her to a NASCAR speedway is beyond me. He acted like he didn't know about her fiance but I saw the episode where she told him. And besides, Chris Harrison certainly knew as did the producers. That was so insensitive and made me dislike him even more. That was the very speedway where her fiance crashed at one point.

Nancy

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I can't see the point of trying to meet, and date, someone on TV. I mean, c'mon, there's LOTS of stuff I would not want the general public to know about my past! And that's before I met husband.

I don't get it, either. (And I have no clue about the participants, I just don't get it.)

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
I think Brad knew Emily's fiance was killed in a plane crash but I don't think she shared that he was a NASCAR driver. Certainly the producers knew but I really don't think that Brad knew the specifics. Those of us at my office who watch the show are angry with the producers, not Brad. ;)

As for Brad......my theory is that his forehead and crows feet are so heavily botoxed that they don't move and that's why he looks like he's a recent relative of a Cro-Magnon man. :rofl:

Suz

H

HaoZi

If nothing else, I'd like to see Emily be the next bachelorette and hope she does as well as Ally (sp) did.

Nancy

HaoZi I don't know if this is true but I heard Ali and Roberto have put their wedding on hold.

Suz I could be wrong, gosh knows it happens often lol, but I thought she told him he was on his way to a race and she was suppose to join him but she was sick. It may have been she just said that to the camera and not to him.

Nancy

DDD

I agree about Emily. I thought for sure Nancy or Suz would verify that Michele looks like Lindsay Wagner but :bravo: I found a picture on Wipedia and that is exactly what I thought. They are (at least to my eyes) very similar in appearance although not in personality, lol. DDD

Jena

lol i watched two episodes while here. i think physcially he's good looking. yet i haven't really heard him say a whole lot. he seems kinda weak and mushy to me. a little too over sensitive. where's the man in there?? umm that's just me. than again i'm married to a guy who wears old spice...... so blah on me!!

as far as the woman i was weak laughing when that one pyscho chic sat on his laugh for the "moment" together thing and told him don't speak he looked actually scared. yet pyscho boy gave her a rose. hmmm guess he likes that controlling you can talk now kinda woman. ofcourse he does he's a big mush. i dont' get it these woman are all good looking have decent jobs etc. yet this guy rejects them their in the car heading back to wherever they came from ready to slit a wrist.

did they not watch the show prior to going on it?? i mean seriously. their like oh i was sooo vulnerable i opened up, i did this that and the other. I am a highly jealous woman and openly admit it, and so i wouldnt' be wanting to kiss some guy while he's kissing other woman yuck. yup me old fashioned. that's just nasty. ok Jen tell us how you really feel? LOL

and anyway yea so why can't they get a date with-o going on tv?? what's that about?? what about pyscho botox boy?? i saw an upcoming episode where he actually wanted to meet this woman's kid and seemed ****** when she said listen i'm not bringing you into meet her unless i know your for keeps. yay for her. than again umm your kids watching you on tv from home probably :)

DDD

Jena, you and I are on the same page. I don't get marathon romance. "Back in the day" when I was in high school/college I felt a little uncomfortable kissing a Friday night date goodnight and then going out with someone else on Saturay night ending with a goodnight kiss. :916blusher: Believe me it wasn't sit on a lap or lengthly. Later in the six years I was single before agreeing to marry husband (never thought I would marry again, by the way) I was sophisticated and saavy but couldn't believe that singles hit the sack after a date or two. It was just too hoochie for me.

Go on National TV and compete for some guy???????? Never. Maybe that's why those young women can't find a husband. I've never known a quality man who wanted to play "sharesies". In fact all
my boyfriend's and my two husbands pretended I had no past until I hooked up with them. NOT! :rolleyes:

I bet watching that strange show kept you mind off your problems for awhile. lol DDD

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Good point... If they can't get a decent date in real life... Err. I went through this for a while, but NO WAY was I going to broadcast it to the world!

"Reality" shows are, in my opinion, unreal...

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
I've decided that finding and falling in love is a miracle and dating is always a crapshoot.

Blind dates, meeting at the grocery store over frozen lima beans, hobbies, church, online dating sites, reality tv, at work (where I met my ex)- one never knows where/when this miracle will occur and the crapshoot will end.

You couldn't pay me enough to go on tv for this kind of search but I won't criticize others who do. (well, except people who are nuts like Michelle! :919Mad: ).

Ever-the-optimistic-romantic-Suz

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Work... LOL... That's where I met husband... He was to be in a different building, so I was willing to stretch my rules a bit...

The only other person I'd consider "real love", I also met at work, and we are about as close as two friends can get without being where husband and I are!!!

DDD

I've asked on the CD Board before...and I'm asking again. Exactly what do the contestants get out of being candidates other than a trip. I'm really not mercenary by nature but I keep thinking that all these intelligent women wouldn't take leave of absences with-o a BIG motivator. DDD

by the way...more power to the Mother who kept her child out of the picture! My children met two men in six years of single living. They weren't part of my selection process. I don't trust Mom's who have their kids meet their male friends. There's a time and a place and during early dating isn't it!

H

HaoZi

I stopped thinking much about kiddo meeting a guy I go out with. A lot of my friends are guys, and I don't hide them, so she's used to seeing me talk with whoever and not thinking much of it. I'm a package deal with a difficult kid (and very upfront about it), and if a guy can't deal with the realities that my kid and my life entails, I'd rather not waste more of my time. That doesn't mean I've told her every time she met someone whether or not it was more than friendship, nor has she met every guy I ever saw.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Exactly what do the contestants get out of being candidates other than a trip.

I don't know. I know that "Survivor" contestants get paid but I've never read anything about these folks being paid. Perhaps they take leaves of absence from their jobs (I know that some have had to quit) to try it. I'll be interested to see if anyone else has ever heard anything.

I think some figure it's their only chance for 15 minutes of fame. Others are looking to advance a career by the exposure. A few are really sincere- they figure they've tried everything else to meet Mr. Wonderful so why not try this? Remember D3, these women are young. I think the possiblitiy of travel to exotic places, compounded by the possibility that this might be Mr. Wonderful, is probably motivator enough for some.

Suz