The Bachelor

Nancy

Well now that my girl Kacie is gone I don't care who wins. I'm pretty sure that Kacie's parents nixed that whole relationship. I mean he owns a winery and the dad doesn't drink, not good. They both were so forceful about her not moving in with him. Honestly could that have sabotaged that relationship any more? I think he decided that the little baton twirler just wasn't exciting enough for him and he wasn't going to get the approval of her parents so why bother.

Courtney's home visit was interesting. I still see something strange about her when she talks to him, like she really doesn't feel anything for him at all. I also noticed when she was toalking to her mother alone she made a couple of strange comments asking her mother how she was and how worried she was about her.

So who do you think comes back next week?

Nancy

DDD

I figure Lindsly (sp?) and Courtney. I also figure, lol, that he is not going to marry any of them. Truly it still amazes me that these women see something special about him and appear prepared to make a commitment. Don't get it!

As a loyal Floridian I am glad that viewers got to see the Ocala horse farm lifestyle. So many people don't realize that the State is really diverse. I'm not into horses but do have a couple of friends who have spent their lives in that area. Ben didn't seem to be "into" the horse scene but in one of the early shows I thought he had a picnic in a similar setting that as I recall he touted as ideal. There alot of inconsistencies with this guy. DDD

Nancy

Oh you reminded me DDD. I was surprised to hear him say he wasn't into the horse farm scene either and yet he loved that setting when it was in sonoma. I do find him inconsistent. He says he loves outdoors but then doesn't. I think he just likes traveling and isn't ready to settle down. Every destination he goes to he says it's one of his favorites. Yep Kacie would have been too boring for him. Maybe he deserves Courtney. She will keep him guessing.

I was surprised to learn about the horse farms in Florida too. I have a friend who lives in Ocala and never knew that about the area.

DDD

:) That's where the rich Yankee horses go for the winter, Nancy. They have alot of race horses, trotters and
equestrian training centers. DDD

Kathy813

Staff member
Ocala is beautiful. We used to drive through it on the way to visit my parents.

I found Courtney's home visit very interesting. Her mom talks a lot like her. I can't believe the skinny dipping conversation at the table. It was funny but I sure wouldn't have wanted to be in her parents' shoes.

I don't believe for a minute that she has found true love with Ben. I think she has found true love with the television camera. Did you know she used to date Jesse Metcalf and went to award shoes with him? I can't see her living happily ever after with Ben in quiet little Sonoma.

I do think the final two will be Courtney and Lindzi and if he is smart he will pick Lindzi. I don't give him credit for a lot of brains, though.

Did anyone else find Kacie's family very controlling? She is an adult who should get to make her own decisions. I wonder if that contributed to her eating disorder in high school. I laughed at the end when she dropped the F bombs. I wonder what her church going southern daddy thought of that.

~Kathy

Nancy

Yes I found her family to be very controlling and I felt sorry for her. I really think that had a lot to do with Ben's decision, who would want to walk into that family?

Nancy

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Yep, yep, yep. Kacie's parents certainly put the kibosh on the whole thing last night. I was furious for her. At least when she watches last night's episode she will see how badly they undermined her. It was a real shame.

I also loved Lindzi's (why do so many people have to be creative with spelling their name???) home visit. Great parents and a lovely place.

I'm guessing that since we all hate Courtney that Ben will pick her and will use the "vows" he wrote for last night's show as part of his proposal speech in the finale. Too bad we can't all be together to watch the finale. I might need CPR if he really does pick Courtney. Anyone know how to do it? lol

Suz

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
by the way, I asked about Courtney's Mom to a couple of people from work who watch it. I thought she looked very unhealthy and gaunt and wondered if she was ill. One of the gals just thought she'd had too much plastic surgery. :rofl:

Suz

Kathy813

Staff member
I think Courtney asked her mom how she was and said at one point she was worried about her. Or did I imagine that?

Nancy

No you didn't imagine that Kathy, that's why I mentioned I thought it was strange what she said to her mom and I wondered if she was ill.

I'm convinced he will pick Courtney now.

Suz I know CPR:hi5:

Nancy

DDD

I know to call 911, lol. That's sad that I'm so incompetent when it comes to something so important. on the other hand...Courtney triggers symptoms that I don't think EMS can handle. :) DDD

by the way, I just can't "see" that Courtney gives a rat's about anybody including her Mom. Sorry 'bout that!

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
OK girls. Nancy can do CPR and D3 can call 911. I think for the finale we need to have a conference call or at least a group IM chat. Kathy, are you on Eastern time, too? I haven't done IM in years (remember those days, Nancy?) but it seems fitting that we all scream (or barf) together that night. lol

Suz

Nancy

I sure do remember those days Suz....good times!

Group chat would be fun. I think a group conference call may be too difficult, I doubt we would hear any of the show lol.

I'm not sure I remember how to do a group chat though. And yes Kathy is EST too.

Kathy813

Staff member
I hate to admit this because I will sound like a technology idiot but I have never IM'd in my life. I guess I could get husband to help me get started.

Count me in!

~Kathy

DDD

Seems like I remember IMing with one of you years and years ago. I have no clue how it worked but do remember that it did work. I'm in, too!

Was it via AOL? I don't have unlimited calling on the house phone but I do have unlimited cell to cell on my flip phone. I'll figure out how to join you guys one way or another. Are we going to snack and have Cutty, too?
Yeah! DDD

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
D3 I think that was me and yes, it's AOL IM. I will definitely have my wine glass filled. I think I'll probably need it.

Kathy, do you have an AOL email? I seem to recall that you do?

Suz

Kathy813

Staff member
No, I don't think so. We have bellsouth email accounts (part of AT&T). I also have gmail accounts. Will any of those work?

husband said that he IM's with microsoft. I guess he can help me figure it out.

Ephchap

Joining in on the rant and barf party late. Ditto, ditto, ditto. Definitely agree with all of you that said Kacie's parents totally scared Ben off. I immediately knew she was a goner. Ben being a winemaker and her dad being a non-drinker and both parents being so controlling and rigid = Ben's saying goodbye to Kacie. Like you, Nancy, I really liked her and thought he was most relaxed when he was with her. I think the thought of any future with that family running the show was too much though.

I wondered about his comment not being comfortable around the horses too. He forgets what he's said in past shows, I think. lol.

Courtney's visit was just plain weird. First of all, he keeps saying how he's so comfortable with her. All they talk about when they are together is her not liking being with the girls, and him having to tell her how special he is. There isn't any just regular conversation. She seems the type that is very needy, always needing him to tell her she's beautiful and he's there for her. Gag.

Not sure if I'll be able to be at the Cutty/snack/IM party. Is the finale on this Monday?

Deb