The Bachelorette- Down to Two!

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
D3- I caught your "doze-bug" as I dozed off some time during Arie's visit with Emily and woke up to Emily and Sean sitting on the bench saying good bye. At least I caught that part! lol

Poor Sean, he just couldn't seem to sweep her off her feet like she wanted. She kept waiting for it and waiting for it but he just couldn't seem to put it out there like Jef and Arie were able to do.

Interesting combo for the final two. I'm more of a Jef fan than Arie, simply because I read some things about Arie early on that weren't very complimentary. Add in the race car driver similarity to her daughter's Dad, and I'm not so sure that's a good thing to repeat either.

Next week is The Men Tell All. That should be fun!

Suz

Tiapet

Old Hand
I really expected it to be Sean and Jeff in the final two. Don't know why I didn't know it wouldn't be. It really did shock me to be honest. Maybe it was because in my mind those were the two I really thought it was down to for her.

I liked how Jef had those questions for her at dinner. Kind of put her on the spot about the future. They were really good questions that made her think and showed that he was really thinking about it as well. I can't get over his young look matched to her "older" look. Though my SO is 50, he is easily mistaken for far much younger himself so I guess I get it. It will be an asset in the future for Jef. I really do love the way he thinks though.

I think he was a tough blow to Sean. How could it not have been? If I were him I would have been crushed too. To not have been picked for final two even. I'm thinking he might be our next season Batchelor no?

Arie, well I haven't really liked him all along. Just didn't know why. Seemed all that they had was "passion" and passion alone does not build a life but she has kept him. Funny how she didn't even offer him the fantasy suite card because she "couldn't trust herself". LOL At least with the other two she could do it and know that they could be gentlemen enough to decline for the right reasons. oh and Jef declining her and saying "all that she wanted to say to him" and her then saying "she wanted to decline" him. I LOVED that! LOL She seemed down right miffed that she was denied that right...in a funny way.

Oh and Chris....going to be on Batchleor pad...of course!

DDD

Lol, Suz. I was bound and determined not to miss a minute. Alas, I missed the end...again! I need to stop watching in the bedroom!

Can't say I'm shocked about Sean. He would be an awesome Dad but perhaps not as thrilling a husband. Obviously I can see the attraction of Arie. The vibes are strong, his career is exciting, he's a good looking guy etc. on the other hand I'm just not getting the other guy. He's nice looking in a controlled religiously correct way. I don't see anything "bad" about him but I just don't "see" the attachment. He seems "safe" but ????

Guess we'll see soon OR reading about it the next morning if we snooze. LOL DDD

Kathy813

Staff member
Well, I, like, really, like, thought it was, like, kind of, like, boring. LOL

Jeez, if we made the Bachelorette a drinking game and used like as our drinking word, we'd all be hammered in, like, no time. I think that Jef and Emily were in a competition to see who could use the word like more in one sentence.

Tiapet, the next bachelor is going to be Roberto. He is supposedly signed, sealed, and delivered.

~Kathy

Last edited:

Jody

I don't even know what to say about it. I thought it might be Sean going home, but i hated it for him. He was definately hurt. I can't really see her with either of the two that are left. I guess we'll see,

Tiapet

Old Hand
I really am tired of the recyling of the bachelors/bachelorettes. I wish they'd get some new fresh blood now. It's about time don't you think? :(

DDD

Ya know what?? I'm a senior citizen and I swear "if" I were "chosen" to be someone's potential spouse AND I watched them going on and on about how "hot" someone else was and how they didn't "trust" themselves etc....I would be 100% ready to bail out of the situation. I've thought of that a few times today and just can't "get" how it would be ok to say "yeah, I want to marry you but I want to hit the hay with someone else". Naw! Don't think so! DDD

exhausted

Sean dodged a bullet. He's really hurt I can see, but he'll know he dodged a bullet in time. He is a class act and the only one I see as really stable enough and mature enough to be a dad. I hated that she liked the way that Jeff (I believe) would earn her little girl's trust by being a "buddy" first...oh yah then one day the buddy says "go to time out" or "you just lost computer time." When does that flip occur? Parents are never buddies.

They are all sweethearts no doubt-their videos were very touching, but I don't think she is a prize at all. I also think her saying over and over how perfect Sean was is her way of saying that she knows her situation and her bit of bad boy attraction could not hold him to her. I did admire how she handled the fantasy suit thing-that was good.

Why do we watch this tripe??? I can't believe how it sucks you in?? Holy moly!

buddy

I don't even know what to say about it. I thought it might be Sean going home, but i hated it for him. He was definately hurt. I can't really see her with either of the two that are left. I guess we'll see,

Didn't it seem like she quits and does not pick either of them? The preview they showed seemed to hint at that, and I know they try to mislead you but if it was leading the truthful way, then she lets both of them go?

I bet they do pick Sean as the next bachelor but if he is the stand up guy he seems, I hope he turns it down.

Ephchap

Kathy, you like had me like rolling on the floor like laughing. OMG, my daughter and I watched it together and all the "likes" in every sentence drive me absolutely nuts too. lol.

Jef seemed to come out of nowhere. I really didn't even know who he was until a few weeks ago, but can see the two of them now. Her eyes sure lit up when she saw how expansive his family home was. I found Arie's home visit uncomfortable. I thought she might send him home, but I guess the heat between the two of them made her keep him. Poor Sean never really had that fire/passion with her.

DDD, I agree that it must be totally uncomfortable after the show is over for the one she supposedly picks if it isn't Arie. Watching the two of them in lip locks constantly would be awkward, to say the least. As I recall, Emily was not a happy camper when she saw Brad doing the same during their season.

Let's face it. They are all appealing when you are travelling the world, going to exotic places, going on complete fantasy type dates. I don't know why I watch this show either. lol

Deb

Tiapet

Old Hand
Suz, you and I learned a spoiler but...apparently...there is more to it. Just learned something that sort of changes what we know, a little. Wait until show ending to see. The truth is slightly different, though she is engaged.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Yeah, I saw that too, Tia. It's like being a fortune teller....he hedged the ending so slickly that it allows for several different scenarios and he can still say, "See, I told you so!"

The truth is, I do hope there's a little intrigue to look forward to. Maybe it will keep DDD and me awake! :rofl:

Suz

Tiapet

Old Hand
Spoilers or not, I'll watch. Whether I like it or not, I'll watch. It's a guilty indulgence, an escape of reality. Oh and the next Survivior starts Sept 19th!!! :)

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
@Kathy... :rofl:

Tia, I put Survivor on my calendar. It's the best of all of these shows, in my humble opinion. I've never missed an episode from the beginning.

Suz