The Bachelorette

Nancy

I really like Ames and JP. I can't believe she fell for Bentley and can't wait til she watches this show and finds out what he's really like.

What are your thoughts?

Nancy

M

ML

I'm not watching it steadily but am watching it as I type. I agree, Ames is cool.

DDD

I've read that Bentley, who lives in Florida by the way, has agreed to fly where the program is being filmed outside the county to meet with her again. According to the local paper he publicly stated that he would go "because he enjoys travel" or something similar. Good Grief!

Tell you the truth she seems awfully immature to me for an educated professional. I don't see wedding bells resulting from this show although a couple of the guys seem sincere. Has she ever been in an adult relationship? I'd be interested in knowing. DDD

Jody

I usually love this show, but am not thrilled with it this season. Bentley was a big time jerk and yet she didn't even want to really spend any time with the others. I too think she is very immature acting. I think she is replaying things that Brad said to her and using them in this show. Drives me nuts. But I could always turn it off. I felt so bad for the guy who left last night. He seemed truly crushed. He seemed to be a real decent guy to me. I like PJ. Best kisser that she ever had. Uhm. I thought he was going to get the rose last night. I end up watching every week. I am sure that I will watch next week too.

Nancy

Jody don't feel too bad for West. There is a big controversy in his wife's death. She drowned in their bathtub after a big fight with him. They both drank and smoked pot a lot and according to her parents they blame him for her downward spiral and death. At one point she was in a rehab center and he took her out. Don't know how much is true but even if half is, she's better off without him. Bentley is coming back to se eher in next week's show.

I'm not very excited about this season either. I agree she seems very immature, how could she have fallen so hard for Bentley in such a short time and not seen through him. I also don't see and sparks with any of them except JP maybe.

Nancy

DDD

OK, Nancy. You and Suz always check out the spoiler sites. Is there any guy who is described as a viable candidate? Other than "mask man" and Bentley I haven't had any mega bad vibes about any of them. on the other hand I'm not enamoured by any of them either.

Also, lol, do they say whether she has had a meaningful adult relationship b/4?

I'm too lazy to search it out. DDD

Jody

Thanks Nancy. Sounds like it was best he did go home. You just never know. My guy radar is never right. LOL.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Holy smokes, Nancy. I'd not heard that but then found this...

http://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/2...te-hopeful-investigated-in-first-wifes-death/

West was one of my favorites, too.

Anyway........Ashley is...........ugh. I didn't like her the first time around and she is driving me nuts.

Does that prevent me from watching? I am ashamed to admit...NO.

OMG, she is so stupid. Bentley? really??? He wasn't even that good looking.

That said.............who among us hasn't fallen for a jerk? or someone bad for us even if he isn't a jer...and, even worse, been forewarned by our friends that he is a jerk or bad for us and we ignore it. So I can't be too hard on her.

What I'm impressed with is how decent most of the guys seem to be this time. I loved Ames last night (even though I've never seen anyone whose eyes are so far apart- lol). And I think JP is a great guy. And I like the wine guy and the restaurant guy and Ben and a few others. Ashley will be a complete fool if she doesn't come to grips and find a good guy among this batch of good guys.

Suz

PS- D3- I've tried to find spoilers of the ending and have not been successful. I'll keep trying!

Jody

Did anyone watch last night? Ashley is ruining this show, she is so immature. I can't believe that she sent Ben home over that crazy William. She never even talked to him about what William had told her, she acted very irrationally and just sent him home. I am so glad that she also sent him packing too. I had to turn it off when she started talking about Bentley again. I wish Chris would just show her one of the tapes and get it over with so she can have closure for the ... that he left her wondering about.

Nancy

I'm so irritated with her too. Chris should have told her what Bentley said, this is just drama drama drama. She acts like she's been dating him for many months and the fact is she had just met him. I almost think they deserve each other. I'm glad William is gone, they had to bleep out every other word out of his mouth. Furthermore she should have gone to the hospital with Ames. It was her stupid idea for them to fight so she could see how manly they were. She just let him go to the hospital alone and went on partying with the others.

This season's show is not very good, so why do I still watch lol.

Nancy

Jody

Nancy,

I was shocked that she did not go to the hospital. She didn't even call there to see if he was okay, she was just like I hope he'll show up later. She was too insecure in the Bachelor and it is 100x's worse now that she's the Bachelorette. I just don't know if I can watch it anymore. Definately the worst season ever. Ames still couldn't even talk right. He was so confused. I had a concussion once and I was doing crazy things like putting my cigarettes and ash tray in the refrigerator and then putting the bologna on the counter with my lighter. I don't know how he dressed himself so well, and then went on tv. I was glad that he went back to his room and got some sleep. That could have ended a lot worse, but it certainly didn't end well. Not a good choice to make these men feel like they have to prove themselves in a fighting ring.

DDD

Fortunately I missed the fight. If my memory serves me right (who knows, lol) they had that same set up a couple of years ago and I thought it was ridiculously "show biz ratings" motivated. I thought Bentley was scheduled to appear last night and since I clicked on for the last portion was surprised his appearance was a sec at the end. Once again I think the show has distorted the whole theme for the sake of ratings. They're losing me with all the nonesense. It shows a total lack of integrity that they have milked her little girl imagination at the cost of the people who are there with sincere cause. DDD

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Yep, yep, and yep. What a waste last night was. The only good thing was seeing the smirk get wiped off of William's face when he was sent home, too.

I was really talking to the dogs (literally) when they had that ridiculous fight gag. sheesh. Poor Ames.

Stupid, stupid show....and yes...I'll be watching next week. :bag:

Suz

Jody

Yes that was priceless! Loved the face of shock on his face. He really thought he was in there. I say I am not watching, but I know I will come Monday night. lol.

H

HaoZi

I've only watched a little bit here and there, so I haven't seen much of Ames. What's his draw? I rather liked Ben F.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Ames won't last but he's just a good guy. I imagine he was the little, skinny very smart kid in elementary school with the huge coke-bottle glasses who survived because of his affable social skills. He said he'd never been in a fight in his life and I believe it. I've never seen anyone who had eyes spaced wiiiiiider apart but his smile lights up a room and he's obviously been working on his physique (if not his fighting skills ;) ).

He's not the guy for Ashley but he's a good guy.

I've read some spoilers so *might* know who she ends up with. He's not the guy I'd pick but if it's true, I'm pleased because that person also seems to be a good guy.

Suz