The bandit can climb

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
easy child refers to himself as "that mommy guy" with reference to his little ring-tailed, orphaned "charge". The little bandit is gowing like a weed and friendly as can be. He uses his little "hands" to explore every nook and cranny he can find and loves to torment wee difficult child's new dog. He loves strings, shiney hotwheels cars, little plastic army guys, and following whoever is moving about the house.
Last night, easy child and baby bandit went outside (which the bandit loves), and easy child taught him how to climb the hitching post. I do beleive it was one of the funnier things I've witnessed...a 6 foot tall strapping young man, helping a small ring-tailed critter up and down a post in the ground until the little critter "got it" on his own.
And then the bandit was in Disneyland. The "mommy guy" sat on the top rail, babytalking to the bandit, while the bandit ran up and across and down, over and over and over, like a child on playground equipment.
We raised these things when I was young, but I had forgotten how much fun they are. But my furniture is no longer safe.

F

flutterbee

Awwwww....sounds really cute and fun. And easy child being the "mommy guy"....how sweet. You'll have to take pictures.

At the risk of sounding stupid, is this a raccoon or a ring-tailed cat thingy?

susiestar

Roll With It
Awwwwww..... How adorable!!! But far more than your furniture is not safe, LOL!!!

You definitely need to get pics for your photo album - be sure to title them or you will forget that easy child called himself "that mommy guy" and that is just too cute to be forgotten.

Jungleland

Welcome to my jungle!
Awwwwww! I wanna see pictures!!!! My parents had a friend when I was little that had a coon since it was abandoned as a 3 week baby. He rode a motorcycle and "Bandit" rode right along with him. It was written up in our local paper, he was quite a sight. The man was well over 6' tall and at least 275 lbs of pure muscle and he babied that coon like he was his child. Too cute for words!!!

Thanks for bringing up that memory for me!!!

Hugs,
Vickie

susiequte

I was up in the night feeding the baby and heard a lot of noise in our fireplace. The cat went crazy and could tell that something was in there. I got out the flashlight and looked up the chimney and there were 2 beady eyes looking back at me and a long fuzzy ring tail!!! It was in there for about 12 hours. Finally it managed to put it's back against one wall, and scale up the chimney with it's claws. It was gone this morning. Now we just have to get on the roof and put a screen or something on the top of the chimney!!!