the bugs bunny factor

pigless

In my update, I forgot to mention one of the most important changes in Sir Flouncealot's behavior.

We bought two bunnies this spring. Sir F named his "Bugs" and Tink named hers Ariel. (My mother in law pronounces that AAAAAAAAAAriel.) The kids were thrilled and really enjoy petting the bunnies.

Sir F has totally fallen in love with Bugs. She (they're both girls) brings out a softer side in Sir F. He now hugs me several times a day. (Remember this was the kid who would hit me when I tried to hug him.) He now allows me to kiss him good-night without socking me in the eye. And, he tells me that he loves me! Okay, I may rank behind Bugs in his mind, but the fact that I'm appreciated some of the time is mind-boggling.

On the other hand, Tink had some issues with learning how to treat Ariel kindly. She had to lose petting privileges for a week in order to stop pulling Ariel's ears. :rolleyes:

Both of them have been willingly helping me with the grunt work. They seem to like being responsible for these cute, fuzzy little rabbits.

busywend

Wow - sometimes you never know where these kids get the lessons that make them who they are later in life!

:bravo:

Alisonlg

That's awesome!!!

(and thank goodness both bunnies are girls...otherwise you'd have a lot of new little bunnies! LOL)

On_Call

It's awesome that these little creatures can bring out your difficult child's soft side! All the words and reminders we could come up with sometimes don't hit home as something like a pet might.

Good for your difficult child - and I echo Alison's quote - good thing they're both girls!! :smile:

Lothlorien

There is definitely something to be said about "pet therapy." How wonderful for you that he is connecting with you, now!!!!

jannie

trying to survive....
That's great news !! I love those spontaneous hugs... :smile:

My difficult child responded the same way with our guinea pigs.