The day camp gave difficult child

LittleDudesMom

Sharon,

I'm chimming in a little late on this one, but I agree you should be speaking with the camp director about this not the counselor. And, what plans will be in place so that this does not happen again. This could have had a very serious consequence. I'm glad difficult child is ok.

Sharon

B

butterflydreams

How scary! This could have really been dangerous. I agree with everyone else that this needs to be reported and the other parents should definitely be told.

Christy

Wiped Out

Staff member
Thanks everyone! I really appreciate your concern. I spoke with the director this morning on the phone (he wasn't there when we dropped off difficult child).

He took this very seriously. He said the counselor had informed him (probably because I told him I would need to talk to the director). The director was very upset that this had happened. He said everyone is given training and he realizes just how serious this could have been. He said he was still trying to digest everything and figure out how this happened.

The counselor will get further training and also a written reprimand (not something we asked for). When we picked up difficult child he, again, apologized and accepted full responsibility.

We also went over with difficult child (we've done it before) to be sure they are his medications he is taking. It's interesting, when we've had medication changes at home or had to give a prn he will tell us that it isn't what he is suppose to be taking.

This was way too scary for me to think how this happened. I never really worried about it too much before. I hope to never go through this again and am just glad no one was seriously hurt.

Again, Thanks for all of your support!