The drama of the difficult child

F

flutterbee

difficult child went to the fair this evening with some friends. While there she ran into other friends. When she got home she was so hyped up telling me about it, that she was hard to understand (when she gets excited, her speech is more cluttered). She had a really good time.

5 minutes later she's crying that she doesn't have any friends. The next minute she's telling me about things she did at the fair WITH her friends. Then it's back to she doesn't have any friends. The reason? These friends don't live within walking distance. Since she can't see them everyday or at her whimsy, she doesn't have any friends.

It's like this with everything. It's like she can't just have a good time. She has to find something to be upset about.

She makes me tired.

LittleDudesMom

It's so hard for some of our difficult child's to accept and remember the good. Mine doesn't create drama on purpose, hut just seem to focus more on the "bummer" stuff. It's like they have tunnel vision sometimes!

Sharon

Steely

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/sleep.gif I am tired too. Really, really tired.

I constantly try to remind my difficult child that he is only focusing on the negative - what about the positive? That only seems to make it worse - it is like he needs to defend his negativity?!!!?
Now, I just am trying to ignore him.......

The worst part, for me, is that it does not take me much to get down. If I do not stay focused on goals, positive energy, and peace I become a bitter, sarcastic, angry individual. So to have that constant negative energy in my presence, creates a constant struggle in my soul. I don't know. It is just like that constant Ying and Yang, pulling, tugging, and yanking in opposite directions, continually. Thus........the fatigue.

Hang in there. And know you are not alone............