The Dreaded Phone Call

pasajes4

The police called me about 2 hours ago to inform me that my son had been arrested and is in jjd on several charges including felony breaking and entering and theft of over 2,500 dollars in jewelry and electronics. I am not surprised....just numb. It appeared that he was trying to get it together. He was arrested with another kid that used to around here. He was one of the ones I was not sorry to see go. I had heard he was back. My son seems to be drawn to people who enhance his self destructive behavior. They need to KEEP him this time.

DDD

Sending caring thoughts your way. I know what those phone calls do to the pit of your stomach and your heart. I will cross my fingers that somehow, someway "the system" will be able to help him get stable. It's such a shame. DDD

cubsgirl

Sorry you got the dread phone call ((hugs)). Maybe, hopefully, this can help you get services for difficult child if you didn't have access to them before.

pasajes4

They are keeping him. There will be a detention hearing on Monday. They will ask if I want to take him home to await trial. I will tell them no.

pasajes4

In light of the recent tragedy at the hands of the police, my son is damn lucky that all that happened is that his sorry butt is going to be sitting in a jail cell.

Marguerite

Can you somehow use the recent tragedy as a lesson for your son? Would he listen? This hits very close to home for many of us who have been following the story for some years. Each of our kids is family.

Marg

pasajes4

I doubt it. San Antonio has had a lot of fatal shootings at the hands of the police. He just refuses to believe it could happen to him. A student at his former H.S. was killed by the police ON campus, and still he has his head firmly planted up his rear.

TerryJ2

I am so sorry. SO sorry.
And considering what happened with-Klmno, and your comment about the San Antonio police, this is scary. It's amazing that these kids just don't get it.
Fingers crossed that this is truly a wakeup call and that he is no longer in denial.
I'll be thinking about you.

pasajes4

When my son was little, my friends would tell me that he was going to be a heart breaker when he grew up. They just did not know that it would be my heart that would break.

Pasajes - I am so sorry that you are going through this. I feel for you and what you are going through right now. What an awful position to have to be in as a parent.

Hugs and prayers go with you to help keep you strong in this.