The encore channel-OMG!

DammitJanet

:redface::redface::redface::redface::redface:

I was sitting here reading posts and posting where I could and heard this music from the other room. I thought the TV had gone off the air. It was this somewhat pleasant tune that just played over and over. Suddenly I heard heavy breathing underneath the music. HUH? I looked at my clock.

6am.

I am alone except for Billy who is asleep.

Heavy breathing?

I dont get the Playboy channel or any Premium Channels and just before this music had started I had heard an old western movie on when Tony was home before leaving for work. Then a rap song was on before the "tune" started. No voices came on ever. HUH?

I got up. Went into the family room to see what was up. OMG...Naked people on my TV! Really naked people on my TV! Doing what naked people do! How is this possible? I dont get these channels!

I hit the remote. I hit guide.

"Nubile Women" Nubile Women satisfying their needs.

OMG...it is 6 am and kids could be up getting ready for school.

donna723

I get that channel too but I hardly ever watch any of the movie channels. But I didn't know that they showed that kind of movies! Thought they just showed the old ones, like TCM does. :surprise:

Lothlorien

The Encore channel is a movie channel. It's part of our movie package. Though I had not every seen that on. 6 am is a bit unusual!! I thought most of that stuff is on Cinemax and HBO, but late at night, not a 6am. Sheesh. These channel execs just don't seem to care.

JJJ

That is why the tv in our living room has full parental locks. During the school year, the they have to ask us to unlock each and every show. During the summer I unlock certain channels and only G rated content. It is pathetic what the Cartoon Network executives deem "children's tv".

Lothlorien

JJJ, I loathe Cartoon Network, especially at night and late afternoon. I don't mind it earlier, when they show the old Tom and Jerry Stuff.

Nickolodean is showing Malcolm in the Middle at 8 pm. I think it's totally inappropriate for that time slot. That was an adult comedy, not for young kids. At 8 pm, my kids are usually allowed to sit at the kitchen counter, have their dessert and watch tv for a half hour before bed. There is virtually nothing that I will let them watch now at that time, so they end up watching food network. How pathetic is that?

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
My dream is to have cable programming where you could select only your desired channels from a menu.

I KNOW what naked people do (in frightening detail, I managed an "adult shop" at one time). I don't need to see it on TV!

My big beef is with the ridiculous amount of religious programming my provider carries. In order to get the movie channels, I have to also get the religious programming in the same package.

I have no beef with religious TV being made available, but I think it would be nice if that and "adult" programming were something you could pick and choose.

I live alone so don't have any kids to worry about seeing the "wrong" thing so Idon't have parental controls on my TV.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Let's just say I REALLY needed to bring in some extra money at the time, LoL.

What's really funny about this is that husband worked his way through college doing the same thing.

The only thing he said about my new PT job was to ask me if they had "booths" and if they did, to be sure to wear rubber gloves and use bleach when I had to clean them.

Luckily, our place didn't have booths.

It was actually very interesting and kind of fun. You met a lot of really offbeat people and a lot of the sort of people you'd never imagine in that sort of shop.

Absent that and the sort of things we sold, it really wasn't any different than managing any other small, stand alone retail operation. You still had to balance cash registers, deal with ordering and inventory, clean and straighten and set up merchandising and the like.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
This is why I love the DVR.
Discovery Kids is a big hit in our house luckily.
Sometimes though just flipping the channels, it is an eyeful and an earful! In the morning and early evening.
The girls don't watch much TV though, which is nice.
A little Magic School Bus or Fetch With Ruff Ruffman...
This is the first year we have full cable and some of the titles are just hysterical!

GN- That is a awesome! I have been in some of those places in SFO... My Brother.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
If you do your research, that is actually a sort of public service role, especially as regards safe s-x.

I used to keep candy jars full of single condom packets and samples of condom-safe lubricants (lessens the chance of failure) and every one of my customers was invited to take some.

I know I had some customers who just came in for the freebies, but I didn't mind that at all. A lot of those customers came back to make purchases.

I reviewed an awful lot of the DVDs and books we sold and found many of them to be very useful.

I also brought in a line of (you get the idea) aimed at women of all ages.

Yeah...when I sit around being bored I should probably remind myself of how much living I've crammed into fifty years.

Back to the subject of TV...nudity et al doesn't flap me at all, but I have real problems with gratuitous violence.

I've sat through MANY x-rated films that didn't upset me at all, and I've walked out on no few PG/PG13 films.