The Extreme Makeover Show was from Here this week.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
They are playing it right now... the little girl was interviewed a bunch of times as well as the whole family. She was so sweet.
It was pretty cool having it here in Tucson.

They had one near us in Sandpoint as well. I met the Uncle who was raising the 2 kids.
It was sad, they had a bigger deal when the poor guy ended up having to sell the house due to job loss and hard times.

M

ML

How sad. Times are truly tough right now. I'm trying to remind myself to be grateful for all the good stuff.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
That's cool! We had one of those in our town a few years ago. Recently widowed unemployed mom and a houseful of kids with lots of medical bills from the deceased husband's long illness. Very deserving family. It's nice to see things like this done for people who really, truly need it. Lord knows there are lots more families like that who could really use the help during times like these...

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
The little girl has a rare blood disorder that makes her susceptible to infections and she has soft bones... Her home had black mold and all kinds of areas where *things* could get in!

KTMom91

They were here not too long ago, and we all went out and watched one evening. I don't know how they got everything done, because there seemed to be a lot of standing around and then re-enacting things for the cameras. It was cool to watch, though.