The fallout.....

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
so I've attended 2 meetings regarding the report to CPS. It looks as tho it will not go anywhere as there has been no hx of this in the past.

on the other hand, I called wm & told him that I'm in legal trouble because of his choices. That I've had to go to 2 mtgs regarding his behaviors & I'm beyond angry with him. wm's team has advised me to let him sweat.

My frustration besides the whole CPS thing was wm called me back yesterday & asked if he was in trouble. "Do you think you should be, son?". His reply was no, it wasn't his fault.

Well, okay then.

InsaneCdn

His reply was no, it wasn't his fault.
If this wasn't so serious, it might actually be funny.

Huh?
No connection?

Not news, of course, but still...

It DOES add to the "vulnerable adult" case, though.

buddy

OH gosh, that would be the same answer Q would give.... only does what he does because he does it. Not his fault. He now says I am provoking him...lol....

Those are the words we have used this year. He just means he doesn't like what I am saying, not the answer he wants to hear....HAHA

Yup, he really needs protection from himself. He, like Q will be his own worst enemy. Glad you are going for that.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
:hugs:

I'm kind of glad he sees it that way, in a strange way, because it will help with the "vulnerable adult" process.

And kudos for telling him you were angry! He needs to know, even if he does not process it.

B

Bunny

His reply was no, it wasn't his fault.

I think that is very typical for difficult child thinking. At least I know it is for mine. Nothing is ever his fault. Someone else is always to blame (usually either me or easy child) when he gets into trouble, regardless of whether or not the trouble was a direct result of his poor decision making.

I was hoping that he would get that he had something to do with this and maybe even tell you he was sorry.

T

TeDo

I am so glad you are "safe from prosecution" LOL and that wm knows what's going on and that his team is on the same page as you and that you have more evidence to support the vulnerable adult classification and....and....and. Thanks for letting us know. It must be quite a relief, even though in my humble opinion it was a no-brainer. ***HUGS*** to you hon.

LittleDudesMom

As much as we hope, things with wm don't seem to change. You called it many years ago. Doesn't mean you don't try like you did over Thanksgiving. I'm sorry that his latest is spread so wide in your life and that wm still just doesn't get it.

Hugs,
Sharon

I'm also glad you let wm know how angry you are. Even if he doesn't connect the dots, I still think it's important for him to hear this. I guess, in a strange way, maybe all of this happened for the best because it should add more fuel to the fire for your "vulnerable adult" case.

Thinking of you and sending many hugs your way... SFR

cubsgirl

I'm sorry to hear this and that wm is (still) not ready to take responsibility for his actions. So Sad

((hugs))

DammitJanet

Im sorry. Can I ask exactly what making him a vulnerable adult will do both for him and the community at large? Will this keep him in some sort of adult group home where he wont be able to be out in the community without an aide with him or will it just be a classification on his record so that if he gets into legal trouble he isnt held as competent as a normal young adult. Im hoping its the first thing with the group home and aide because I would worry he could possibly be a danger to someone in the public even if it isnt you and KT.

ThreeShadows

Quid me anxia?
Sigh, my lovely Linda Lady. You are my hero. I am praying for you. I find it hard to pray for Wm. I guess I'm just an old, worn out prune, but how much can a mom fight under these circumstances? Is the die cast when our kids are born? What a heart break, I thought that nurture would be triumphant over nature. My daughter is shattering my illusions.