The football moron who beat up his girlfriend and is banned indefinitely

tishthedish

The protection afforded to certain criminals is appalling. This situation, Jerry Sandusky, the clergy...it's a sick fraternity that is more concerned with money than morality. Just awful.

The first thing I thought of upon hearing of this case was if my father, brother, uncles, cousins had seen a video of me being knocked cold and dragged out of an elevator there would be hell to pay.

My mother, God bless her, was no slouch in this regard either. I remember that when I was a little girl two older boys that lived next door asked me to do something untoward. I didn't understand so I told my mom. She went over with a baseball bat and beat on their house until their father came out. She told him what happened and he apologized profusely. They had just had new aluminum siding put on too. The dents remained as a warning that my demure, dignified mother could be turned into a crazed lunatic when one of her own was threatened. My father went over that night and reinforced the message, but without the bat.

We all need someone who will step in on our behalf when we are so downtrodden and turned-around that we can't advocate for ourselves. I hope she and other victims have someone that will hold the lamp and help them find their way out of their particular FOG.

pasajes4

If you watched the video of the wife defending her husband, her body was turned away from her husband, head down, and slightly hunched over. Her body language was guarded and in direct opposition of what she was saying.

DammitJanet

I think we also need to remember, these are people...mere humans. They arent perfect. There are bad people in every aspect of society. I dont think we should say that sports turn children into monsters. You will always find a few bad apples wherever you go. I think for the most part, the players are doing their best to be decent people. No one can live up to a perfect life though. Everyone makes mistakes.

I think now that the league has set this domestic violence policy, that is what should be done. Rice wont play again in the NFL. This happened a year or two ago with Chad Johnson and Miami threw him out on his head. He is now playing in Canada.

BusynMember

I don't think it's the sports. Sports has been great for my daughter and most athletes are not thugs.

Many of these young men grew up in dangerous neighborhood, rife with gangs and drugs and crime. With poverty comes violence. I am not excusing it, but suddenly they are rich superstars and are held to standards, which they should be considering they are in the limelight around kids. Where many came from, they were probably not judged.

I am a person who doesn't think anything excuses violence. It may give me insight into it, but not all people living in poverty are violent. There is no excuse for it.

I think the more "he is worshipped" athlete is the one from the middle and upper middle class. In our home town, a few star wrestlers tortured and abused another wrestler who is deaf. Some top colleges still recruited them!!!! They were rewarded! And they went to some top colleges, although their grades did not warrant it either.

The judge let them all off with simply probation, even though there was extreme sexual assault.

I guess Rice is old news.......the Vikings Peterson did something worse. What he did to his 4 year old is so horrible, he is done.

Many famous athletes do so much good, it's wonderful. I can't say enough nice things. I meant that it can go to a kids head.

Peterson is worse than Rice Chumura and Vick.