The Good, the Bad, and the Ridiculous....

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
Well, thought I would update a bit....

Ms Ally quit.

Yep - that's right. She left for a new job. So no more MST program because difficult child's case is going to be transferred back to her regular therapist.

psychiatrist retired. So difficult child no longer has an assigned psychiatrist. She will see whatever psychiatrist is available at County MH "as needed"...[yeah, right]

Meanwhile, Idiot Caseworker is STILL telling me stories about supervisors and paperwork and approval processes. Remember the person who was supposed to work with difficult child but turned out to be scared of dogs? Well, since that's not going to work, Caseworker tells me she has re-started the process of finding someone. So that will take some time... [Gee whiz, it's only been 10 months since we started working with Idiot Caseworker. I wonder how much longer she has to work on that paperwork before something can get started for us?]

And in other news....difficult child has finally started taking her medications. And it is HELPING!!!!!

Yesterday her brother asked her to rinse out the bathtub because she had left it filthy. Usually - this would result in an indignant outburst as she would argue that it was not her fault and how DARE anyone accuse her of being messy. Instead? She apologized for leaving a mess and promised to try harder in the future.

How cool is that???

:likeit:

So that's what's happening here. Strange that the drama is not coming from difficult child - isn't it?

keista

YAY! What made here decide to start her medications? Is SHE noticing the change? Doesn't really matter, it's just a YAY!

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
UHHHHHHH.....

WHAT?!

Ms Ally QUIT, id10t caseworker is still pushing paper, and difficult child took her medications?

First two: NOT a surprise. LAST one? Were you dreaming, girl?! I want that dream! Seriously though... The medications are helping... She apologized... HOLY SCHMOLY GUACAMOLE!

:abouttime:

InsaneCdn

So that's what's happening here. Strange that the drama is not coming from difficult child - isn't it?

+

difficult child has finally started taking her medications.

= well, that's the way it is SUPPOSED to work.

If a person NEEDS medications, and gets the right amount of the right medication(s), then you expect to see results.
And yes, that fast.
And yes... it can result in a "total" personality change.
been there done that.

If she starts to backslide? Probably needs either dosage adjustment, timing change, or medications swap...

susiestar

Roll With It
Awesome about the medications being taken and working!

Who is in charge of the whatever that the idiot works for? I don't mean her boss. I mean the top dog. THAT person needs to be contacted to ask why it is taking 10 MONTHS to get paperwork done to get help for a child who is in serious need of that help. Talking to ANYONE in the local office that idiot works for is not going to work. You have to go to the person at the state capitol area who is in charge to see changes. It is time to go to that person. Ten months is just too long. They have basically wasted an entire year of your daughter's life. I say a year because it will take two months or so for the top dog to get changes made that you will see.

So find that person or pm me all the info you have about idiot caseworker - name, name of dept she works for, work address, phone number, etc... and I will try to help.

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
Keista--

Yes, difficult child notices the changes in herself....and is very PROUD of herself for being able to respond better in situations that used to send her flying off the handle immediately. As far as the reason she has finally agreed to take the medications? I'd like to think it's because of our excellent parenting (LOL!) - but really, who knows? Maybe she has been frustrated long enough and was ready to try something new?

Step--

Yeah, no surprises from government programs. And I don't *think* I was dreaming....but I'm gonna see if there's another shoe waiting to drop before I assume anything.

Insane--

Yep - so far, so good. Keep your fingers crossed that everything continues to go well with the medications...

Jody--

I'll second that Yippee!!!

Susie--

The "head honcho" is the governor. In my head...I have already written a thousand scathing letters - but honestly? I have absolutely no hope that the governor give's a rat's patootie about the services the program is or is not providing. And from what I understand....the program was revamped just over a year ago due to criticisms that they were providing "too many" services and were not able to justify the costs of those services with documented results. So this "new and improved" program is designed to provide as few services as possible. And those services that ARE approved...must go through a lengthy process to make sure that they are are not only necessary, but will be structured in such a way that clearly documents the child's progress. That's why goals like "No violence in the home" are not acceptable.

klmno

Maybe you'll get lucky and she is maturing enough where you can get her thru this phase without the extra services after all. If you get that lucky, make sure they haven't just started something that gets the credit for this change or you and she might be stuck with that forever, whether it helps or makes things worse.

I know the feeling about the letters to the governor or whomever....I'm gearing up to start writing my latest vents re difficult child just to get them off my chest then will pursue either an att or am seriously considering sending a mass mailing to media, state legislation, state Department of Juvenile Justice authorities, etc. Honestly, there's nothing to lose at this point and I'm way beyond sick and tired of my son and I being used to train this state's newbies at CSU. It became so blatantly clear to me 2 weeks ago when I met with difficult child's PO that I have been to ticked to even deal with it for a while.

H

HaoZi

Yay that she's taking them and they're working!

Write the governor anyway, and CC *every* major news outlet in the state.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
DF, so glad to hear that difficult child is taking her medications & you're seeing positive results. Maybe, just maybe, difficult child is tired of living in chaos. It is an exhausting way to live.