The grand finale

Tomorrow is this race I've been training for since August. It's only a 5K, I think that's about 3 1/2 miles. I'm so nervous I feel like I'm going to throw up. Last year I came in 5th place in my division (breast cancer survivors). I want to win. I have my favorite songs on the ipod, and I'm as ready as I'll ever be. But I'm so nervous. I'm just gonna go, go ,go and not give up. I'll be thinking about you guys...-Alyssa

trinityroyal

Wow Alyssa, that's so exciting.
Remember the advice my old dance teacher used to give me before recitals. Butterflies in your stomach are okay. They give you wings. The trick is to keep them flying in formation.

Good luck tomorrow . I'm sure you'll do great. And you'll have all of us here cheering you on!

Trinity

SRL

Good luck! Let us know how it goes.

I think I've got a kid running this morning as well. Best go wake him up...

WAHOOOO! I came in 2nd place!!!!! It was very emotional for me! I won a trophy, and a gorgeous pocketbook, a candle, earrings, a few sweatshirts and some candy in a gift basket. I'm still in shock. The girl who came in first, came from another state to win this, she comes in first every year. -Alyssa

Alyssa,

EXCELLENT NEWS!!!:D What a wonderful accomplishment!!!:D

You are an inspiration for me. I've always wanted to train for a race and actually run it. I hope some day I'm as strong as you and actually do it.

Your hard work, determination and courage shine through - I'm so very proud of you!!!:D WFEN

Fran

Former desparate mom
Alyssa, amazing and congratulations on 2nd place. I could never in a million years rank anywhere near the top.
Even if you came in last you are a winner. You trained and you completed the race. It's all about working towards the goal. I'm really happy for you.
Besides you survived breast cancer and a difficult child. You are a winner and a warrior. Way To Go!
You are an inspiration.