The gulf trip may be getting closer - ideas?

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Anyone from or been to the gulf coast (gulf shores, orange beach, perdido bay...) that can give me some cheap ideas to do with Wee while there? I think he will love the beach - picking up shells, etc. Will be sure to take the dremel. He just loves exploring places and playgrounds. Boardwalks are awesome, too.

DammitJanet

Only place on the Gulf I have been is Galveston.

Im sure there will be the normal touristy stuff though wherever you go. Are you driving? If so, can you pop his bike in the back of the car? Dont forget the dvd player for the car and in the motel room. I can drive Keyana across country as long as I have a dvd player handy.

How bout a fishing pole to fish off a pier.

tawnya

easy child daughter and her father went to Gulf Shores, AL several years ago. They had a great time, but I don't remember all of the particulars. I can ask her when she gets home.

tawnya

She said that when they went it was sorta low key...hanging out on the beach (they stayed at a beachside hotel) and went parasailing. There were also a lot of cool restaurants (seafood) that they went to. I think most of the vacation was spent at the beach, but that sounds like Heaven to me.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Were there lots of shells on the beach? And plenty of beach? I'm banking on that to be the activity.