The hawk that nearly ate my parrot

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
:holymoly:

OMG he's huge! But he's gorgious. Course I doubt I'd think he was so gorgious if he'd gotten her.

So I'm guessing he's hoping you're gonna put them out again.:(

Abbey

Spork Queen
No, none of them are going out again. husband has some huge plan of building an enclosure...not a fan of that.

Abbey

Abbey

Spork Queen
Red Tailed hawk. And yes...he meant serious business. I scan the trees when I walk out my door now. I think he could carry me away.

Abbey

Lothlorien

Red tail hawks are what we have around here too....about 6 or 7 of them. They are big! We get wild bunnies every spring and within a few weeks, they are all gone. They like the big black ravens, here. They've also chased all the turkey vultures away that used to live here....I don't mind that so much. Turkey vultures are just nasty.

meowbunny

He's beautiful! I'm glad Blackjack escaped.

I love birds of prey. I can watch them for hours even when they're just sitting in a tree. There is something truly majestic and regal about them. They have an arrogance that no other birds have -- they know they earn their food, not just pick it out of the dirt. In general, I am not a bird fan, sorry. I find them noisy and dirty but raptors just enthrall me. Thanks for sharing the picture of such a beautiful one (guess what my new wallpaper is lol).

Abbey

Spork Queen
I'll give him that...he was absolutely beautiful. I was talking with the neighbor and he actually saw the whole thing go down through his kitchen window. He was wondering what all the screaming was about. He said he's seen him prowling around for a few weeks now. Well...maybe SOMEONE could have said something. I was wondering why everyone walked their dogs with a broom.

Abbey