The Hood of the Car Meltdown..

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
Let me find some adjectives - enraged, screaming, angry, upset, devistated, depressed, door slaming, swearing..peel me off the ceiling unglued..

The hood of his car is missing - it was in the garage last week, but isn't there now.

Hmmmm....

Lets see - I can guarantee your brother didn't take it and put it in his new sportscar(like it would even fit) -he doesn't even feel comfortable with us having our SHOES on in it for fear we dirty his carpet. Plus he has no friends who have trucks, plus he is working two shifts and is never home during the day. SO and I didn't take it - although we have a truck, its got a wheelchair and xmas gifts crammed in it. Its not like SO can even lift anything, never mind hoist it up in a truck thats like 5 feet off the ground, and I can barely get the lid up and the gate down on my own. Jeeze Dan, we have never ever taken anything from you, even though it can be said the opposite about YOU

Maybe one of your friends....who all have trucks.....

WHAT, WHAT.. WHAT are you saying mom -that one of my friends took it - my friends wouldn't steal the hood of my car. :slap:

Poetic justice comming into play...

Marcie

DammitJanet

Ahhhhhh Marcie... I so understand!

Why is it when its something of THEIRS that comes up missing its so much worse than when they have absconded with something of ours? They cant understand our outrage over our missing items but suddenly they are beyond ticked off when someone steals their things.

muttmeister

I'm sorry to say that I chuckled when I read your post...simply because it sounds so familiar. I got this visual of him sneaking away with THE HOOD OF YOUR CAR?! That's not exactly something you can hide under your jacket. My younger difficult child manages to abscond with things that I can't figure out what he possibly wanted them for and then whe I confront him I get the old, "Who me?" response. I can definitely relate!

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
Mutt, I am sorry to say as well that there was a slight smile on everyones face here - we have all been the target at one time or another of his thievery and not once has anyone retailated.

Out of all of Danny's friends, and there are LOADS of them, cause if he knows your first name, you are automatically a friend, all but two are banned from entering my front door. When they come over, the party hang out spot is....where else...the GARAGE.

I am sort of amused, sort of po'd, that he would even SUSPECT any of us doing something like that - that any of us would be listed in the top three of ripping him off cause it has to be an inside job :rolleyes:

Of all of SO's good tools in the garage, and other stuff that would be so appealing to a thief, nothing is missing cept the hood. You would have to put it in a truck - its not something you would just walk down the street with under your arm and not look suspect. The boy has a major case of faulty reasoning..

Sheesh

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I'm just delighted it wasn't the hood of YOUR car, Marcie!

:rofl:

Now when Travis does this......and he does...... I tell him," Gee it really s ucks when your stuff comes up missing, huh?"

:rolleyes:

Star*

call 911........call 911
Marcie,

My first thought? SNOW BOWL -

Tie a rope around the hood latch and tow it behind ANY truck.

Got snow?

witzend

Star, Marcie's in southern CA, so I bet there's no snow. Marcie - what happens when he sees it on Craigslist for sale by one of his friends? Or worse yet, on a friend of a friend's truck?

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Facing the hard, cold, facts of life.....there are theives out there.......life isn't always fair.......You could say these forever, but now difficult child understands with one action........
:devil: :wink:

meowbunny

So, who is mad at him? It makes little sense to take the hood of a truck when you can take a bunch of nice tools. There has to be some sort of a revenge factor involved.

I'm surprised he didn't try to blame his sister and her kids, too, while he was at it.

So, will this teach him to pick his friends better? Or will he just continue blaming his family?