The Horse Boy

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
I thought I posted about this, but I can't find it, so I apologize if I posted this twice.

If you aren't familiar with the book and you like animal stories that tug the heart strings, its a great story, and its true, about a man who literally stumbles into his Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) son's connection with horses and takes it way too far (as in days-long horseback journey across Mongolia), but it pays off for him. If I hadn't seen what horses do for my own son, I would probably not beleive this...but I have seen what our horses do for him - what they do for this man's son is amazing.

Its a good read, there is a movie coming out soon - Over the Hills and Far Away - which was shot as they actually made the journey. The documentary is what actually funded the trip and made it possible.

I am planning to go to a screening with the author on Thursday. The proceeds of the book and the movie support the Horse Boy foundation, which is a ranch in TX that brings Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) kiddos (or other NT kiddos) together with horses on a case by case basis with no set price or fee - they ask you to donate what you can.

Anyway, I just think its really neat, and I feel privilaged to get to meet this guy. If I am Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) to find answers for my son, this man would be considered commitable, I'm sure.

Just thought I'd share in case anyone else was interested in catching it.