The hospital

Wiped Out

Staff member
did decide to keep difficult child for one more night. The psychiatrist was concerned about his behavior and not only from our pass but other incidents at the hospital. Still, he will be released tomorrow around 4:00 p.m. It does at least give us the weekend before he goes back to school.

I'm not sure how long it will take us to get him to a therapeutic dose of the Clazapine (sp?). He is currently at 150 mg and needs to get to 200. Due to some nausea and extra tiredness he was experiencing they slowed down his increase. Once he gets to that dosage it can still take a month to take full effect (me thinks it could be a long month-at least there will only be 9 more days of school for him and the last day is only 2 hours).

Feeling very unsettled on what to expect out of his first weekend home. We are going to try and keep things very low key. I'm hoping to maybe convince him to come to the pool with me as he usually loves swimming.

The stress level around here right now is at an all time high with everything going on with difficult child and easy child/difficult child (we just found out again much of her hw has not been done this quarter-she is in danger of not having enough credits to graduate).

Thanks for listening and being there through everything with difficult child and easy child/difficult child.

erbaledge

(((Wiped Out))) I hope that this weekend goes smoothly, as smooth as it can. I also hope that you are able to seek even a few moments of solitude and peace for yourself this weekend.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
I really wish they wouldn't send him home til he's where he needs to be.

I don't get this game. But hey...what do I know.

I hope the weekend goes good. At least the weather isn't nasty and you'll be trapped in one location.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
This is becoming too much for you & your family. Sending positive thoughts plus reminders that you & husband tag off this weekend.

M

ML

Sharon I just hate that you are having to deal with this kind of stress. My heart continues to have you in it and my prayers are ongoing. Maybe you could send him to Colorado for a week over the summer. These kids of ours usually have a period of honeymooning and manster could use a pal to get him away from screens and onto his bike. Hugs, ML

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I think the pool is a really good idea for keeping difficult child occupied. Mine tend to do very well with a physical outlet like that, too. What a relief that the school year is almost done. I had to resign myself to difficult child only going 1/2 days towards the end of one year because he was so out of control. So hang in there...

Hope you can figure out easy child/difficult child 2's issues over the summer. Can she take summer school to make up the credits? I can relate to the frustration over homework not being turned in. That's been a huge issue for my difficult child 1 this year.

I hope your family has a peaceful weekend...

(((((Hugs)))))

Wiped Out

Staff member
Thank you all so much for your support. His first night home went well for the most part. We had a hard time getting the medication from the pharmacy because of needing to be on the national registry and that being close til Tuesday. In the end, they were able to do it. We have a 7 day supply-each week it will need to be refilled after his blood draw results come in.

ML-You are so sweet! Actually I bet difficult child and Manster would get along well together.
Gvcmom-easy child/difficult child will have to take summer school-so frustrating.