The impending sequester...do we still get social security checks?

BusynMember

Cory was in El Paso and right across the border from Juarez. No one, but no one crossed into there without large groups and they were warned it was simply not safe at all. Most people who end up visiting TX want to take a trip over the border but they told them that was definitely not the place to do it.

MWM, I know all about the 19 thing. Before I got disability I lost medicaid for myself because the only reason I was getting it was because I had a child who was on disability and 19 and under. When he hit 19 I lost it. Medicaid is supposed to be a federal program....emphasis on supposed to be...and they are supposed to increase it to age 26 by 2014 I think. I also think (dont quote me) that because of this forcing of medical insurance on everyone, if you work for a company with much fewer employees to have to offer insurance and if they dont, I think you have to be able to buy into medicaid. Soon...somehow. I am hoping for that myself because Tony hasnt had insurance in years. I think he had it for maybe 2 years in the last 30. He could really stand to go to a doctor. He wont lie to go to the free clinic like Buck did. Thats how Buck got in with them. He was working the whole time he was going to them.

In Wisconsin, the Medicaid stops at 19, regardless. And you get Medicaid if you are low income enough whether or not you have a disabled child...all you need is to have a minor child (well, it goes up to nineteen). People like Tom, with no health insurance at work which is getting more and more common, is on what is called Badgercare now, but that will end at Jumper's nineteenth birthday. The healthcare reform bill has given each state the option of accepting federal money to expand Medicaid, which would greatly help many families in Wisconsin, but our govenor is uber-conservative and for some reason that seems to mean you don't care if people have healthcare coverage or not so he turned it down, even though most Repugblicans accepted it. Some of our counties are trying to see if they can get the extra Medicaid anyway, but it hasn't happened yet. At any rate, if this man gets in office again, and I think it's a **** shoot to take a guess right now, we will move to a state that does provide Medicaid for people who don't have children nineteen or under. The twenty-six age is only if you have insurance. It does not apply to Medicaid, at least not in Wisconsin. by the way, we do pay a premium and co-pays for our Medicaid, which I think is very fair. Anyhow...that's the scoop in Wisconsin. Every state handles Medicaid differently even if the money comes from the feds.