The kind side

Wiped Out

Staff member
of difficult child. Since I'm so frustrated with difficult child and he seems on the edge yet again I thought I would try to focus on the positive.

husband was saying that last week one day when he and difficult child arrived late to school and difficult child was in a hurry to get to class he saw a little boy (probably kindergarten age) sitting on the floor and crying. husband thinks it may be a little boy with Downs Syndrome.

husband wasn't sure why the boy was there but difficult child just went up to the boy and took his hand. He helped him to find one adult who told difficult child where to take him. difficult child did all of this without being asked. The other adult who witnessed this was very impressed with difficult child.

He really is a sweet child who can be so caring at times.

M

ML

To me this is huge. To do the right thing even when you think no one is watching. He has compassion, that's so important. You should be proud mom!

Andy

That is so cool - so sweet. It really gives us hope that the future can really be o.k. when we see this kind side.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
That's a golden moment to cherish for sure!

My difficult child 2 is also very much like that with younger kids, or kids his age who are "different". He has a huge amount of empathy in that department.

LittleDudesMom

Awww Sharon, how sweet! I always told difficult child that I wanted people to see him for who I knew he was inside, not how he was acting on the outside. It's working...........

I hope you and husband told difficult child that you were proud he thought about helping that little boy. Our difficult children hear "stop", "no", etc., so much - it's nice for them to hear we are proud of them!

He's a sweetie.

Sharon