The LEAP procedure for dysplasian 3.2

BusynMember

My daughter called and gave me the bad news that her dysplasia is at 3.2 (pre-cancer, but close to early cancer). She is going to have the LEAP procedure, but is not thrilled. Does anyone have any experience with this? She is not a happy camper.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Don't know about the procedure but just wanted to say I'm sorry she's having to go through this. I'm glad it was found early!

(((Hugs)))

mstang67chic

Going Green
Yep...I've had it done and it's not a biggie at all. They do knock you out but it's not for long so you really aren't very groggy after. You don't feel like hitting the mall but it's not that bad.

As I sit here thinking, I'm sure there was some pain afterwards but I'm having trouble remembering how much so I'll take that to mean that it wasn't that bad. (And trust me...if there is pain THERE...I tend to remember!) Granted, it's possible it varies from person to person and procedure to procedure but honestly, it really isn't that bad. Depending on what she does at work, she may be off for a couple of days or on light duty but they will also give her pain pills and she should be fine. I think I wore a pad for a week maybe.

Seriously...have her pm me if she wants to ask questions directly. OR pm me and I'll give you my email and she can email me.

I understand why she's nervous but I've had it and a cone biopsy previously and I would much rather have the LEEP. She has nothing to worry about.