~~ The Left Behind Party ~~

Abbey

Spork Queen
You guys crack me up. YOu're having a left behind party and I was having my own pity party. What was I thinking????

MWM - too funny. I'm sure hubby enjoyed. ;)

I'll be back in a bit. Have a funeral to deal with. Ugh. Mix me a strong one, Star.

Abbey

Maybe our bartender went to the spa with Andy for a massage. I think we should continue the party there... I could use a facial and a pedicure. We can relax out by the pool there with Pauolo bringing us our cocktails and some lunch. I'll bet Star is there already.......order me a Margaurita, I'll be right there!

klmno

okee-doke....drinks and a plate of mini-sandwiches, fruit, and cheese, cavier, and crackers are on the way!! Don't take that nap yet.

Star*

call 911........call 911
GOOD GOOGLY MOOGLY can that ANDY PARTAYYYYYYY OMG .......(she says as she takes the fruity basket off her head and literally crawls out of the hot tub with 2 cucumbers on her eyes) shaking a fist at the 4 bottles of Baileys and 2 bottles of Tequila Rose someone who shall remain klmno nameless shared in the corner -

Mmmmmmmmmannnnn can you girls drrrrink....and what was that about a honey moon? I laughed so bad I hurt....and who let Abbey out in the hall to wander......Randomly? OMG....I think Terry went looking for her with a Margarita in her hand and that is the last we saw of HER....and then Wiped out kept taking the cork out of the champagne bottle and shaking up the Dom (at $40k a shot) and popping it in and screaming "All around the carpenters bench the monkey chased the weasle lal lah lah POP goes the weasle....and we'd all laugh.....And Poor SRL......OMG I think once I got her started on those fish bowls with Midwest Mom it was all over for them - they kept saying - DID YOU get a fish yet? and then bust out laughing and go .....pfffffffffffft........NOPE....and I kept trying to tell them that it was just a term because the drinks are served in a fish bowl and shared with 2-4 straws.....but I guess once you mix - Jack Daniels with Lemonade - it's possible you could see fish......lol...:alien:

Then Why me Mom had me in stitches going? Anyone got an Isotoner SLllllllllllllllipper............?????? Slllllllllllllllllllipper.....I love that word SLlllllllllllpipper........Slllllllllllllllllip........Sllllllllllppppiiiiiiiipper.......And then there was me and CrazyMomma having the Captain Jack Poison and banging heads to Metalica, Scorpions, and it was all pretty mellow until Whiskey in the Jar--------o came on and then? Well - if you missed the show I'll just say that those belly dancing lessons paid off - VERY impressive -------it was like Girls gone Wild.......:surprise:

All in all - To everyone who hung out - I'd say we had a pretty great time even if we were only cyber partying and not in Cleveland.

The reality of it all? I had 7 cheddar rice cakes, a bottle of water and was in bed by 11:00....lol.....haven't had a booozy drink in about 9 years. lol

But thanks ladies - you sure know how to get down!

Love -
Star - the mild.....

Star*

call 911........call 911
Janet took my donkey - she said she wasn't sure if her car would make it to Cleveland. I bet HER maid gets a BIG tip.

Tonight for your viewing pleasure - I'll play the banjo with my toes while drinking Sambuca!

Technically? = A sugar free fudgesicle and a glass of ice water while I play the harpsicord and possibly make enemies with the neighborhood dogs. Owwww.....

See Three shadows - DID YOU SEE MY PICTURE OF ME AND THE BLOODY MARY AND THE CARROT STICK? IM ADORABLE AREN'T I?? :tongue:

tiredmommy

Hi all! I'm here with Beth in Cleveland. It was a wonderful evening, dinner was delicious and Raoul is waiting to tuck me in.

It was great to finally see the beautiful faces of the beautiful people behind the screen. :)

Here's Beth:

It has been great meeting everyone. Wish more could have been here. Hopefully one day we will get more chances like this one. Barkeep buy a round on us!! :wine:

Marguerite

I'm a bit late sticking my nose in, it's been busy here. But I stopped off at my favourite providore and bought a jar of hibiscus flowers in syrup. These are a native Aussle flower also called "rosella". The flower, not the bird. They're yummy, you put one at the bottom of the champagne flute, trickle in some of the syrup and then pour on the champagne. it fizzes mightily and you watch the flower open. It tastes a little like a perfumed strawberry.
http://www.wildhibiscus.com/shop/index.html

I've been looking around for a native plant nursery where I can buy my own rosella tree. I'm also after a finger lime tree - the only citrus native to Australia. Here's a handful - not much to look at, but let's break out the oysters in the shell (Sydney rock oysters, of course) and I'll cut open the finger limes. You know how citrus usually has allthese tiny beands of juice inside, all crammed in so they're taking up whatever shape they have to? Well finger limes inside are like little spheres, all separate. And they have a fabulous lime flavour.
So Star, if you will help me with the oysters - we cut open the finger limes and scrape out the little balls of lime zing then sprinkle them over the oysters, then drizzle on some vodka and maybe a dash of Tabasco for those who like it hot. Now - enjoy!

Par-tay!

Marg

by the way, despite my name I do NOT drink Margaritas. I don't like tequila. It doesn't like me, either. I'm Marguerite, as in the flower, so I bring flowers and fruit.

Marg's Man

Star you told the ladies to belly up to the bar. Can a bloke join in? If so you've got to get me a Pepperberry Liqueur.

Tasmanian pepperberry (Tasmannia lanceolata) aka the native pepperberry or mountain pepper is a bush spice with a very hot peppery zing. The liqueur is made is made at the Lark's Distillery in Hobart (Tasmania).

Of course you have to get the bottle yourself - from the source. Now you have an excuse to come "down under".

... or I'll drop in at Larks on my way in.

Marg's Man

Andy

O.K. Done with my Long hours of Fair ticket taking job and ready to join the fun again. I say EVERYONE to the spa. I sooooo need a massage - my neck and feet are screaming for attention.

So, Sunday Spas for everyone! Then this evening the new shipment of drinks should have arrived for our awesome bartender to start mixing again.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Marg and Margs Man - would be glad to have any Sheila and Bloke from down under with or without Margurite flowers and Pepperbush - just don't get wild like a Tazzy mate....blimie....couldn't handle a bugger like that.

I'm so glad everyone had a good time.....I'll be happier to hear that everyone got in safe and sound and that they're all home.

Marg- I remembered about the trains! ;) toot toot! lol.

mstang67chic

Going Green
Next time there's a party, the bartender will have to serve the new drinks I saw this weekend. Everywoman's husband was at the bar the same time I was and ordered a concoction he taught the bartender to make. (*snort* he said his 19 year old easy child turned him on to it.) It was: Crown Royal, Peach Schnapps, cranberry juice and a splash of Sprite. I didn't try it (didn't want to wake up on a lounge chair by the pool with my socks on my ears the next morning) but it looked delicious!

Star*

call 911........call 911
Mustang - WE HAD THOSE ON THE FIRST ROUND -

(ROYAL FLUSH SHOOTERS )

Sept I used.....triple sec not sprite -

more boozy that way ......yuppp yupp ......OH where did she go.....?

everywoman

Next time there's a party, the bartender will have to serve the new drinks I saw this weekend. Everywoman's husband was at the bar the same time I was and ordered a concoction he taught the bartender to make. (*snort* he said his 19 year old easy child turned him on to it.) It was: Crown Royal, Peach Schnapps, cranberry juice and a splash of Sprite. I didn't try it (didn't want to wake up on a lounge chair by the pool with my socks on my ears the next morning) but it looked delicious!
MIXIN UP SOME ROYAL FLUSHES..........FOR MY LITTLE QUEENIES -

Looks like Miss Jana and Star must attend the same parties....
the drink is a Royal Flush....Jana made me order one when we went to a Willie Nelson concert this past spring...they are delicious.

Star*

call 911........call 911
No dear heart- Starbies days of floating in the brine are very much over...I was however a bartender years ago.....and enjoyed it until I did not. It was a very "lady-like" shot that had Crown in it so that even the most "manly-men" could say there was something in it for them to - and with that many liquors in it - it went a long way for the money and no one ever say - yuck I don't like it.

If you like to try new things - I won a bartender something or other one year from Dekuypper for inventing a drink with Purple Grape Pucker - Take Pucker, Orange and Cranberry equal - splash over ice and shake - I don't know what you call it, but it's good - and not very potent - Pucker is not much alcohol by volume - and you can have a few of those and shooters and not act like a wild woman :tongue:.

and NOW DF says - You know - I bet you could have taken a Greyhound to MB.....OMG NOW he thinks of a way to get me there??? Thanks again EW for the lovely offer - You are a pearl of a girl! ANd you have the sexiest glasses I think I've ever seen on a woman! Love them! :laugh: