The lengths we go to just to have a little fun...

gcvmom

Here we go again!
About a month ago, husband and I were invited to a holiday party for last night. Since he was unemployed at the time of the invite, I did not want to shell out money for a sitter. My mom agreed to watch the kids (and she's really the only one around who handles the difficult child's beautifully -- the other relatives have refused to help), but she had plans to be at a dog show the day of the party and couldn't get to our house by the time we needed to leave. So we decided we would leave early, drop the kids with her at the show (which is 30 miles west of us) and then head to the party (another 30 miles north). She would then head to our house later when she'd finished at the show.

At the last minute yesterday, she ended up leaving the show early to attend a funeral, and then had us drop the kids at her house (which was about 10 miles south of the dog show).

Add to this a HUGE rainstorm. (Here's an article about a mudslide not far from where the party was held: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34401310/ns/weather/ )

husband was tempted to cancel, but he called the host and they said it was still on because it was a catered event.

And I pointed out that we hadn't been out for an evening of fun and adult conversation since my brother's wedding in MAY.

I am so glad we went! Despite driving in some really nasty weather and arriving an hour late (still fashionable, right?) It was a really great time, great food (Armenian), great people :D

I just wish our social life didn't have to be so complicated!

Last edited:

busywend

Yes, all worked out and you had a great time. Sometimes the harder it is to get out, the more you appreciate it.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Better living with chemistry, J. :wine:

I'm so glad you went and had a good time. It's helps to have a difficult child-free evening every so often.

Suz

gcvmom

Here we go again!
It sure does, Suz! And medicated husbands make for a much more pleasant evening, too :D I still have to pinch myself sometimes when we're together... he's so... NORMAL! :rofl: