The letter was delivered.

Farmwife

A couple thoughts about school admin. thumbing their nose at school attorney...(from one parent in the rural midwest to another)

I personally see a lot of "big fish in a little pond" mentalities here with people in positions of authority. Coming from a big city gives me a unique perspective outside of what the local townies share. ie; I crack up when the town cop who is a 350 lb. Barney Fife (deputy with no bullets in his gun on Andy Griffith show) tries to act like he is some Rambo/Robocop. In difficult child's school the admin. are a society of mutual admiration who seem to get high on their own fumes. Most of them feel above the rules because they envision themselves as master and commander of their domain.

Then to top it off you have local townies who were brought up being petrified of getting shunned, standing out or being different in some way. Most rural midwesterners also have a "polite gene" that runs so deep that they won't let go of it even when someone is doing them dirty. (these are just my personal observations as an import to the outer reaches of the universe) I have yet to meet an outspoken townie who stands up to anyone about anything. They turn the other cheek here even at their own expense.:confused: (Only seems to happen in towns under 4000 residents?!?!?!)

Long story short, my difficult child's principal is the worst kind of stubborn, backwards, athletics only and forget about academics, awful woman I just want to smack upside the head. The staff is divided into two groups, half kiss up for fear of small town politics and potential job loss and the other half kiss up and act fake because secretly they want her job.

This principal blatantly violates so many spec. ed. laws that it astounds me, not just with my difficult child but with the entire spec. ed. department. Our Special Education coop oversees 40,000 students from 3 counties and several school districts. Even after we were granted audience with the head honcho and he was impressed with our legal knowledge and WANTED to sincerely help difficult child (sent policy writer and top school psychiatric in their chain of command to "hold my hand" at the IEP meeting) the principal still got huffy. She had an agenda and was very visibly upset that the spec. ed. director had the audacity to try and tell her how spec. ed. is supposed to work in HER school. The woman rolled her eys, made loud deep sighs and cocked her head during the IEP like a darned teenage fool. She essentially threw a tantrum when she was called to task in regards to following *ahem* actual laws.

lol ;)

The attorney could very well be on your side and is dreading every incident he has to clean up for those dinks.