The little things that make us happy (tell us yours)

BusynMember

For me it's that first cup of coffee in the morning

the first day of spring (in Wisconsin that could be in June...lol)

a friendly, smiling person I don't know who says "Hi" to me

infants who smile in shopping carts

the smell of the air after rain

a surprise hug for no reason from somebody I love

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I love the smell of the air after rain too - especially in the desert. Someone told me it's the pollution, but I think it's the creosote sucking up the water.

A new book by one of my favorite authors (Diana Gabaldon and Stephenie Meyer).

A smile from husband or either of the difficult children.

Coming home to find something unexpected done so I don't have to do it or nag.

Time with my parents.

When my cat comes up, cuddles with me and purrs.

There are so many other little things... if I listed them all it would be a book! I have a lot of things to be thankful for... I am blessed, even with the other stuff!

As Mother Teresa put it... "I know God won't give me more than I can handle... I just wish He didn't trust me so much!"

crazymama30

When my children are nice to eachother. Yesterday difficult child helped his sister clean her room, and she was nice to him!!! easy child is not nice to difficult child as a rule, so this was amazing.

I love to go camping in the summer, and sit by the fire first thing in the morning before anyone else is awake and enjoy the peace and quiet. Just sit there listening to the little creek below.

To stand in the forest and listen to wind blow through the pine trees, or when I go out and hike up a butte in the forest and get to the top and look at the spectacular view I have found.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Rain. Period.

Seeing that the worst driver on the road - who cut me off twice, didn't use his blinker EVER, never waved thank you for me letting him cut in line a 3rd time - turned into the private school drive where I am sure may educate some of the finest minds - but the ABSOLUTE worst drivers in the state. Letter to the editor and principal to follow.

Putting on my pants in the morning and thinking - Gosh those are a little loose.

My dogs scooting closer to me in bed then snoring - and having to lay a paw on me to know I'm there

My hair actually not looking like hag hair one day a week thanks to hormones (I'm sure)

This post. ;)

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Definitely, coffee in the AM.

I am delighted by the effect of the magic pills my gyno gave me for my horrid periods (I know, seems so insignificant, but it's not!).

When H helps me in the yard and around the house without me begging.

When easy child and difficult child are getting along - I especially like when I find out they went out somewhere together and didn't argue or put one another down.

Waking up in the morning to a sleepy puppy face nuzzling my face, stretching out for a belly rub.

A sunny warm day when I can open all the windows to let in some fresh air.

Chilling on my patio on warm summer nights with friends or the family.

A long hot shower.

A good night's sleep.

Watching my girls laugh really hard and enjoying life.

A free day off from work.

When my house is all clean, spic-n-span stlye.

Memories of time spent with my mom before she started losing her memory.

One of easy child's fresh baked orange scones. Yum.

Babies cooing and smiling with drool. Hahaha.

Pregnant mothers.

Old couples holding hands.

Young couples leaning into one another.

Spring flower greens poking up through the Earth.

Eating my own home grown veggies and fruits (canning them too!).

A surprise card in the mail.

A day at the beach (preferably away from teens).

Cozied up reading a really great book.

A word of praise here and there does wonders, whether it is from a friend, family or colleague.

New shoes.

New clothes.

New undies.

Weddings.

Driving. I ♥ driving.

trinityroyal

My first cup of tea in the morning.

Getting to the office before any of my co-workers, and revelling in the silence.

The secret mom-and-little-guy time that Little easy child and I have early on Sunday mornings
when no one else is awake. Homemade blueberry pancakes and Sunday morning cartoons, snuggled under a blanket in the Family room.

Finishing a load of laundry, and realizing that it's the last one.

Boots. Fabulous boots with high heels, that don't hurt my feet.

Gazing at the picture of my precious Grannie and me, when she took me for my first day of Grade 1. She's dressed in a Diane Von Furstenburg wrap-dress and killer heels, looking like a goddess, and I'm all dolled up in my new back-to-school dress. That was one of the best days ever.

That feeling in my mouth right after I brush my teeth.

Saying one nice thing to each stranger I run across, that makes them smile.

The last few crusty piles of snow melting on my front lawn as the sun shines down.

The sound of rain on my roof at night.

Lots more, but I could be at this all day, so I'll stop there.

Great thread!

Trinity

N

Nomad

Great stuff! JoG...awesome list!

Some things that make me happy...

great coffee

great books to read

a lazy day with husband

good friends

a good meal

weight loss!

a clean house

wearing a pair of jeans and having them fit

flowers

petting my dog

seeing my "children" happy

buying clothes

a good hair day

reading/writing

DammitJanet

Waking up and seeing this adorable little blonde haired, blue-eyed toddler peek at me and say "gramma, you awake? I wuv you!"

Watching Keyana's eyes light up when she sees her Daddy and her Papa.

Seeing Hailie run to her Daddy when he gets home from work.

Watching my dog and cats cuddle up together...quite a funny sight.

KTMom91

My sweet Buddy.

Iced tea.

A good book. Or two or three.

Rainy weather, with a side order of wind. I love the way rain smells.

Farmer's markets.

Craft fairs.

Our new loveseat! Goodbye, broken recliners!

Road trips. Miss KT and I have one planned for June.

The print Hubby got me for my birthday last year. I saw it about 25 years ago and didn't buy it, and had been kicking myself ever since. It's framed and hanging above the computer, and I smile every time I look at it. I don't know where he found it, but I'm so glad he did!

The little things.....let me see.....having first cup of coffee after sleeping late! Going shopping for things I dont normally buy - feeling the fire place when it is really cold and feeling the wind and sun on my body at the beach! Just toname a few. Also having my children be happy with themselves. Also - my hubby and I enjoying some quiet moments!

donna723

:D Definately that first cup of coffee in the morning ...

:D Sleeping as late as I want to (or when the first dog wakes up and has to go out to pee) on the weekends ...

:D I love it when my Star Gazer lilies bloom and I can even smell them in the house!

:D I love it when one of the kids calls me for no special reason, just to talk. And the weird little one-line emails my son sends me from his phone about what ever is on his mind at the time.

:D I love the way Ragan (my oldest Boston) crawls under the covers with me at night and snuggles up next to me. And the way Katy (youngest Boston) sits next to me on the sofa with her paw on my foot or her elbow draped over my leg - she has to be touching.

:D I love it when people do something really nice that they didn't have to do ... like one of my cousins who spent a month crocheting a GORGEOUS light blue/white baby blanket for my daughters baby that perfectly matches their nursery. She's met my daughter ONCE!

:D ... and my most favorite thing in the world - BABY GIGGLES! Those big belly laughs that sometimes seem to just bubble up out of babies - pure unadultrated joy! They are just contagious! It's humanly impossible NOT to smile and feel better when you hear baby giggles! Like little rays of sunshine!

I love being covered in sweat after a good workout.

Reading a good book.

An overcast day.

Drinking a cup of hot tea, under my covers, before bed.

Hearing my kids laughing together.

A lovely surprise.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
That first cup of coffee in the morning

A toothless smile from youngest grandson Brandon. OMG too cute!

A clean house, that I didn't have to clean.

Sleeping soundly thru the night.

Being adored by my grandkids. :D

Being adored by my furbabies. :D

Andy

I tell you, this is a hard one for me this week (and it is only Monday). That means it is good to bring to my attention to bring me up out of a little slump. Thank you for the thread!

:redface: When my kids give me things for no reason! (Diva gave me a bear for my work desk).

:redface: When difficult child is involved in getting gifts. He does have a talent of getting "just the right thing".

:redface: Daffodil Days!

:redface: Coatless weather

:redface: Talking to the PK - 6th grade students at school and telling them to have a good day.

:redface: It is beyond awesome for a kid to say Thank you! (especially when you know it was not prompted) - A true heartfelt thank you - not just because they should say the words.

:redface: People greeting each other, opening doors, ect.

:redface: Diva home early to stay for the night (oh, wait, that may count as a little bit bigger than "little things" LOL)