The luck of the Irish

DammitJanet

I dont think I have ever met anyone that has as much luck as Cory.

Bad things happen to him but somehow he always lands on his feet just like a cat. He went to Jamie's the beginning of this month and overspent his money. He was so worried because he didnt have the money for his power bill and he was trying to figure out what to do so his lights wouldnt get cut off. He was going to get a loan from his brother and get some financial advice from him too but before we could all get together on this stuff he went and did one last hoorah attempt at getting money.

He put his last $100 into 10 $10 lottery scratch off tickets!!!!!

The Boy WON!!!!!

He won $3000.00

I cannot believe this. Only Cory. He called me and told me to come get money for my power bill...lol.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Janet, hit him up for the tons of money he owes you over the years. Now's your chance, girl! :)

Suz

Star*

call 911........call 911
GOBSMACKED..........

Just......did our conversation have ANYTHING to do with this ya think? Like - oh lets be kind and then the kind fairy flew over a boy who COULD have given him mom $100 towards his lights but NOooooooooo goes and buys 10 lottery tickets?

I'm floored..............

and he's paying YOUR light bill?

seeeeeeewwwwwwww what's he sending me? lol

lovemysons

Wow, that's pretty cool.

Yep, Janet, I agree...time to hit him up for some "past due" money he may owe ya, okay, definitely owes ya. Wish one of my sons would hit it big and pay us back for the umpteen million dollars we've dolled out for them over the years, lol.

Tammy

DammitJanet

Well...he gave us the money to pay our light bill, he gave Billy some money, he has paid all his bills up to date and then paid over on his rent, cable, and phone. He has gone and got the car parts for his car and paid the guy for that. He has given me money to put in my safe to keep safe for him.

So far I think he is doing pretty well in the responsibility department...this time.

witzend

That's great, Janet! I'm a firm believer that when it comes to good luck, you'll find more if you share it!

Star*

call 911........call 911
draws a fanned hand across her mouth -

D$MNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNit.......boy!
:tongue:

ROCK SOLID PROUD OF YOU!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Janet glad it worked out for Cory. And it was sweet of him to share his winnings. Super smart of him to not waste it, but pay off bills and stash the rest with Mom.

:D :D :D

Errr... I'm glad for him, I guess, but if it was my kid, I'd be livid at him spending his last $100 on lottery tickets, even though he lucked out -- this time.

[soapbox] It makes me mad that so many states (including mine, Oklahoma, which resisted the temptation for a long time) promote the lottery so hard and hook vulnerable people into gambling. It is so seductive to keep spending and spending hoping to hit the big one.

In the end, the house always wins, 'cause the psychology is to turn around and bet your winnings. When the "house" is the state, we all lose because the state gets hooked on the cash too and ends up preying on its citizens even more to keep that cash flowing.

As a c-store clerk in TX when the lottery was introduced, I saw first hand the destructiveness of it. Our store sold a $3 million winning ticket and we were inundated with people for months afterwards who believed we were a lucky store. And there were the scratch-off fiends who would spend hours on end buying tickets, standing at the counter and scratching them off (they think they own the store because they do so much "business" there), redeeming the winning tickets for more scratch offs, and so on. In many cases you could tell they were going through the rent and grocery money.[/soapbox]

OK, sorry to rain on the parade, and I really am glad for you all that those bills got paid, and good for him for not buying 300 more tickets with his $3000. (Ducks and sidles towards exit to avoid recriminations for being a curmudgeon.)