The Monster-Tots have tipped over to the difficult child side of the scale

trinityroyal

I have long suspected it, but after this weekend, it's official. Those children are difficult children.

Their 4th birthday is coming up in a few weeks.
Will they be having a party? No.
Why? Because the party budget has been reallocated to repair the hole in the ceiling and the broken drywall.

(It was going to be a fun party too. At a pottery studio, where everyone got to paint -- and keep -- a piece of pottery)

Sigh. Back onto the roller coaster. Buckle up folks, it's going to be a bumpy ride.

InsaneCdn

Twins. Twice the fun but double the trouble. And difficult child twins, of course, are... well, double the GFGness.
{{hugs}}

tiredmommy

(((Hugs))) Hopefully they will at least take turn exhibiting there gfgishness rather than pouring it on all at once. :(

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Ceiling? Drywall? Wait, they are not-quite FOUR... How did they reach the ceiling? Or do we want to know?

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Now that whole ceiling thing has got to be a story and a half by itself. lol

The thing with twins is...........they can help each other get into far more troubles than a single child can manage, even if they're pcs. lol

Never a dull moment, huh?

((hugs))

HaoZi

CD Hall of Fame
Ceiling? I want to hear how they managed that, too! Sorry they've tipped in that direction and don't get to have their party. :(

trinityroyal

IC -- you've got that right. They are fun. They are adorable. They are uncivilized little barbarians with a talent for mayhem.
Tiredmommy -- strangely enough, they usually do engage in difficult child-ness one at a time. Tyrantina's mood swings alternate with Tyrannosaur's aspie meltdowns.
Hound -- yes, twins can get into far more trouble together than any 3 or 4 children could alone. easy child also had holy terror tendencies as a small tot (he still does, for that matter). However, there was only one of him, so he was much easier to rein in.

Okay. The ceiling story.

My first mistake was to tell them "Go and play quietly." They were quiet alright. So quiet I didn't realize anything was amiss until I stepped into the upstairs hallway into an inch-high puddle of water. All over the hardwood. (Coated, thankfully, or they would have ruined that as well). Turns out they had taken out the bin liner from the garbage bin in the upstairs bathroom, filled it with water and then upended it. Some of the water cascaded under the door out to the hallway. Some flowed through the duct work and made lovely puddles all over the basement. The rest appears to have seeped behind the baseboards and behind the drywall to the powder room below. The ceiling bowed and finally collapsed in the area where the water leaked through. It also took out the drywall all around the door casing.

They also painted the hallway walls with toothpaste and attempted to use the shop vac to clean up the evidence, getting it covered with toothpaste in the process.

Just when I got used to not locking all the doors and wearing a bunch of keys on a lanyard round my neck, too. Here we go again...

InsaneCdn

They also painted the hallway walls with toothpaste and attempted to use the shop vac to clean up the evidence, getting it covered with toothpaste in the process.
:rofl::rofl:
Of course.

And then, twice the clean-up. You can only get so much toothpaste on ONE kid, but... twins. <grin>

susiestar

Roll With It
If you think toothpaste is bad, wait until they discover vaseline.

A friend of mine had four kids. All three of the boys have Pervasive Developmental Disorder (PDD)-not otherwise specified to some degree. Of course they were not diagnosis'd because her husband refused to allow it and after the divorce got the judge to tell her she could not take them for medical care of any psychiatric/behavioral problems or the oldest's encopresis because he needed surgery because it is not behavioral. But the judge agreed that this boy didn't need the surgery that five different docs said he needed! All because the ahole says that nothing is wrong with 'his' boys! her youngest boys were ten mos apart and one day they got itno the vaseline.

Every part of their nekkid bodies (they hated clothes and every chance they got they stripped down - even once at a mall!) was covered, so was the hall including the carpet that had to be removed, the walls, the lights, the toilet, sink and tub, doors, pictures, all the toothbrushes (which they confessed to using their Dad's only to play in the toilet for several weeks previously which explained why he was so sick from both ends for a couple of weeks - they did NOT like their dad even then two years before the divorce, lol - what they did after was far worse, lol) and so many more things.

Toothpaste may be hard to get off, but not nearly as bad as vaseline. You would be SHOCKED to see how far one container of vaseline can go. it is UGLY.

They even coated all three cats iwth it. WHich of course meant 3 very sick cats with rampant diarrhea who needed baths with Dawn. Ever try to bathe ONE cat? Three antisocial cats is a nightmare! I did the last one because it was afraid of me because it bit me the week before and I bit back and shocked the koi out of it. You are not a TRUE FRIEND until you offer and follow through with bathing the third cat after the other 2 have told it horror stories of the bath! (Yes, I was a TRUE FRIEND, lololol!)

Time to start keeping the bathroom locked. Keep the potty chairs elsewhere if they still use them. Or keep the toiletries locked in a separate closet because you do NOT want to see where they can get vaseline. Or what is does to the ceiling if they all pee on the floor to see what happens and it is the upstairs bathroom they pee on. After they sold the house they got sued because the boys had damaged the floor and the house inspection didn't catch it. But they had disclosed water damage and there was an inspection so the inspector got to pay instead of my friend. But urine does far more than water and can eat away at the wood apparently.

Sorry they are showing their gfgness. But at least they are creative. I would trade a calm easy child with no curiosity for a difficult child any day. I could not cope with a child with no curiousity and I have friends iwth three of the most boring children you would ever see. They sit there, doing NOTHING, until they are told to do something. They don't even fuss for tv or a toy or book or go get one for themselves. They sit until told to do something even now as teens. It is creepy and scary to see children with NO desire to do anything. they don't fuss if told to do something, they do it like robots, even chores like scooping the dog poop or scrubbing the toilet. They just do that and only that until told what to play with or watch. They were given ipads and shocked everyone by doing NOTHING with them, not even turning them on unless TOLD to do so.

So it could be worse. And the Tots are so cute! And funny!

Just think what you can tell them when they have kids!!

Wiz swears he won't because he doesn't want me to tell his kids stories of what he did. Like getting a referral to the office in kdg for telling the playground monitor that his name was Jack. Last name? Asz. Yup. Age four. He doesn't even want me to meet anyone he dates, lol.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I didn't see this, but I heard about it... Onyxx liked poop art. Sure, it's fairly common to have one smear it on the walls and self... But they never did figure out how she got it on her ceiling. And apparently during potty training she'd fish it out of the potty chair and toilet...

trinityroyal

Susie, we do not keep vaseline in the house. What you describe is the reason. We also keep hand lotion, bubble bath, hand sanitizer and anything that smells "pretty" under lock and key.

Tyrannosaur and Tyrantina have been staying dry through the night and getting up (very very) early to go to the toilet in the morning. I was getting fed up with the 5:30 am wake-up calls to "help" them, and decided to try unlocking the bathroom door for a while. That experiment lasted one week.

Step, we've had the poo-art, AND the poo projectiles. All over their walls, dark wood furniture!* and dark patterned area rug. And roller blinds, and yes, the ceiling. Accomplished by a little boy who may have a career in football in his future, just like dear ol' dad. husband bought a steam cleaner, so that we can deal with THAT problem immediately, rather than letting it fester.

*Have you ever tried to find smeared poo on dark wood furniture? It requires a flashlight and a sensitive nose (mine). And sometimes **shudder** tactile verification is the only way to be sure that you've gotten it all.

And I agree about the creativity. They are way more fun and interesting than incurious children who just sit there. Step-D is a quiet, compliant girl who sits there and waits to be told. The other children run rings around her, and she's helpless in the face of it. Thankfully, her SO is not. I have a feeling he was a bit of a difficult child in his childhood, so he's well able to deal with our monsters. In fact, babysitting the twins has not yet scared him off the idea of having children of his own. That's a good sign, no?

trinityroyal

Oh. We also don't have any pets. I can't imagine what those children would do to a helpless animal, all in the name of "being nice" to it.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Oh. We also don't have any pets. I can't imagine what those children would do to a helpless animal, all in the name of "being nice" to it.
Yes. One of our cats, Squirrel, sits patiently while Jett absentmindedly pulls clumps of her fur out. Fortunately since we brought his attention to this matter, it isn't happening as much anymore...

DammitJanet

Im sorry trin.

Susie, when you said vasoline it brought up a totally different situation that Cory did to me. Im sure some of the very old timers remember that one!

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
Oh Trinity - I'm so sorry that you have more GFGdom to endure!

I hope it doesn't sound flippant to say that "at least you have some experience"...

(((Hugs)))

PS - I'm aghast that a bag of water would do that amount of damage! or did they just keep filling and dumping...?

trinityroyal

DF, it wasn't a bag of water. It was a full-sized garbage can of water. Likely 2 or 3 full sized cans, as they were up to no good for quite a while before I realized it was too quiet.

And no, you don't sound flippant at all. I'm grateful for the experience, as it's allowing me to plunge ahead with the Do-to-Get strategies without second-guessing myself too much. I keep thinking about all of the times my mother said, "I hope you give birth to a daughter who's just like you!" I think I've done so, both the male and female versions.

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
DF, it wasn't a bag of water. It was a full-sized garbage can of water. Likely 2 or 3 full sized cans, as they were up to no good for quite a while before I realized it was too quiet.

Oh dear! Well, yes that does explain all the damage...

Here I was picturing a dainty little powder room trash receptacle, and they had removed the little liner to make a water balloon. Boy was I off!