The more I learn about Facebook

mstang67chic

Going Green
the more I laugh.

I was on a friend's page and looked at the groups and pages he either belongs to or is a fan of. Some of these are fairly typical political/religious views, some are novelty pages and some just crack me up. One, I HAD to join. It's a group called "I went to high school in the middle of a corn field". Everyone on it went to a school that was in the boonies....it's too funny!

klmno

LOL!! I am going to have to watch myself so I don't become an addict to it. I have already spent too much time trying to eexplore it and looking up old firends. My "boyfriend" from junior high/early high school connected with me last night and we emailed for 2 hours probably. It was great and I was impressed with how much he remembered and how much we ended up doing with our lives that is so similar to each other. But that was 2 hours I should have been doing something else, Know what I mean??

I'll just clear my throat about the growing up in a corn field or out in the boonies. LOL!!

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I have a Facebook account... I can't remember my login or password though is how often I check it!!!

My MySpace needs to be checked too... LOL

Nancy

I'm not wild about the changes they made in it this week. I just get use to it one way and they change it. Grrrr!

donna723

I am one of the ones who did not go to school in the middle of a cornfield! Our high school was right smack in the middle of an orange grove! I wonder if there is a 'Page' for that? And I HATE the latest batch of changes they've made! It's very hard to navigate and it keeps on losing the newer posts and bringing the older ones up to the top! It seems like every few months they rearrange everything and jumble it all up so you can't find anything!

And I'm another one that keeps up with what my Friends are joining! I've found some really neat things that way! I found one group that's all people about my age from my hometown in Florida and it's all about the differences in our town when we were kids (pre-"Mouse") as opposed to how it is now (post-"Mouse"). There's all kinds of discussions and pictures about the places we used to go, the things we used to do as teenagers, the stores and restaurants and other places that closed down decades ago. I've spent hours on there! Then I saw a guy on there who looked very familiar and who had the same name as a guy I worked with years ago. Turns out he's a former co-worker I haven't seen in 26 years! And he put me on to another Page that is all former employees from where we used to work, all telling funny stories and posting pictures of how it was when we were there! I've had so much fun with that!

witzend

Donna got me started on "S--- my dad says." It's a riot. But then I have a very warped sense of humor.

mstang67chic

Going Green
OMG Witz....where do I find THAT group??? Can you send me an invite or do we have each other friended???? I can always tell if my friends are from here but I don't always remember real names vs. screen names! Just ask Klmno! LOL

donna723

Oh Witz, I LOVE that one! I originally found it on someone elses page - it's a carry-over from Twitter. And it's so funny because just about everybody had a cranky old relative just like that, if not their dad, then an uncle or a grandpa! I know I did!

Lothlorien

I'm hating on the new FB changes this week as well. Everything is all messed up. Live feed doesn't show up. My posts don't show up. I log on in the morning and posts from a week ago are mixed in with posts from yesterday, but the new stuff is gone. What a mess!

donna723

Another really funny one I found on Facebook ... (I may have even stolen it from one of you - I don't remember now where I found it).

You can become Friends with Clark Griswold, the character Chevy Chase played in all those movies! The avatar is a picture of Chevy Chase and he comes on a couple times a day and posts as Clark Griswold on a road trip. He talks about where they are each day, where they stayed, what they did, etc. Some of them are really funny. And when people reply, he responds as Clark Griswold! That's all I needed - one more thing to waste my time on!

Clark Griswold It seems to be getting colder as we drive North, at least that's what Ellen's chest is telling me. #winkwink

klmno

Well I'm still trying to figure some stuff out about it. For instance, when I want to scan thru members of a group, like alumni from my old school, where there are hundreds of members, there is a place to type in a name and search for someone. But it never works when I do it. The icon to click won't work and if I type in a name and hit enter, the list of members box automatically closes.

Nancy

Go to Account in the top right corner and then go to edit friends. Then go to All Connections and click the x of the friend you want to "defriend."

Nancy

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
I don't use Facebook or MySpace. I'd just like to know how to get rid of all the people who keep sending me notes to tell me I've been "friended". Somehow I thought you needed to have a Facebook page to have people coming after you.

I KNOW how to get in touch with people I want to be in touch with.