The Neti Pot!!!

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
It is just like all of the saline salutions except it floods your sinuses and is warm. You control how much the concentration is as well... the salt to water ratio... instead of blasting it up your nose it flows through your passages and irrigates and helps calm inflammed tissues... I LOVE IT!!! Did it this morning... and I am not a hippy... lol

http://www.healingdaily.com/exercise/neti-pot.htm

Star*

call 911........call 911
The link shows a woman putting a plastic, purple, magic genie lamp in her nose and the ad to the left of the picture says for colon detoxification.

I'm not going to ask but obviously I am missing the bigger picture.

An you say you fell wonderful? HMMMMM....

totoro

Hmmm I haven't stuck it in there yet?!?!

I have not cleansed my colon... maybe I would be a really happy camper, or pooper, clean sinuses and colon!!!

Yes it is a little genie pot... most are ceramic or clay. like little tea pots.

Yes I am weird... but this is not a part of my weirdness, I think. husband loves it, but we don't do it "together" like at night, in bed... with Yanni playing or incense burning... after the mutual colon cleanse... oops did I just write that... we really don't do that. LOL

totoro

You can still breathe out of your mouth while you are doing it. You breathe slowly out of your mouth and it helps, not feel like you are drowning the first time... it is not for everyone, but I hate feeling stuffed up and it helps.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
I have a neti pot and I love it. I have to do it in the shower however, because I am not well coordinated enough to do it over the sink.

You do not choke or drown. If you follow the directions, it will work fine - and it does really help cut down on colds over the winter in particular.

susiestar

Roll With It
I have always had the hardest time with these. However, I absolutely LOVE my Sinus Rinse bottle!!!! I make my own salt mix for the saline, rather than using hte little packets. I use 3 parts salt to 1 part baking soda.

Warm water, esp distilled water, feels SOOOO GOOOOODD!!

I findit helps me not have the allergy related migraines!! And helps a lot of other stuff!

Susie

Abbey

Spork Queen
I've got to try this. Many years ago when I was having constant sinus infections, a doctor told me how to inhale water while in the shower. I thought it was disgusting, but it did work. I didn't tolerate it that well, but did it for the time geing to break the cycle of sinus problems. It worked.

Abbey

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
My allergist said the key to using a netipot is to use when you're NOT sick with a cold or MAJOR congestion - it's easier to cleanse away and out all the germs, dust, etc., that causes the congestion when your passageways are not all stuffed up. Keep that in mind.

Hm.

Maybe posts discussing of fluids which are forced into orifices (only to be released from said orifices) should have warning labels on them.

Just a thought.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Big Bad Kitty</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hm. Maybe posts discussing of fluids which are forced into orifices (only to be released from said orifices) should have warning labels on them. Just a thought. </div></div>

:rofl:

Hahaha - I can't believe you're so squeamish!! :rofl:

It snot what you think...bud um bump, tsh!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It snot what you think...bud um bump, tsh! </div></div>

:rofl: :rofl:

I'm not so sure I'm ready for the Neti Pot yet. I have serious pain when just normal water goes up my nose.

Have you tried the ear candle? You can get them at a health food store. They're great to draw out exess wax and do an amazing job of cleaning out the ear.

I'd have never believed it if I hadn't tested it out with my friend. We lit one and left it away from everything. Then lit the second one and put it into her ear. You wouldn't believe the stuff that came out of her ear!!! (first candle was to compare to second candle to be sure it wasn't phoney)

Our Human Diseases professor had brought one to class to show everyone. (neither recommending or discouraging)

So, you lay your head on a table, say on your left side, and stick this candle in your right ear? Then what, light it? Does someone sing happy birthday? What comes out of your ear? Presents?

I'd imagine you'd have to be there with someone. So they could blow the candle out.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Lisa, we've been using the ear candles for a few years now. My H, the most medically cynical man on the planet begs me to do it for him! Hahaha. He does it for and I've done it for almost my entire family, kids, sisters, friends, etc. If nothing else, it's cool!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So, you lay your head on a table, say on your left side, and stick this candle in your right ear? Then what, light it? Does someone sing happy birthday? What comes out of your ear? Presents?
</div></div>

:rofl: :rofl:

BBK The candle is lit but there is no fire when it's in your ear and it doesn't burn you. It "burns" real slow with no real flame. It's a sugar waffle cone shaped candle.

I thought it was the dumbest thing I'd ever heard of til I saw it with my own eyes and tested it.

I'm a huge cynic. lol