the nicest thing

Jena

i eat in the hospital cateria everyday alone and i write or go online read, or just sit quietly.

i go down each day say hi to the ppl that work there.

today i went down got my sandwich. i went to leave and as i walked out one of the woman came running up behind me.

she said i have something for you. i said what did i forget? LOL

she said well you come down each day smiling, you seem to be here all alone and have been here for a long time. we noticed your husband was here for a few days than you were by yourself.

so i talked to my supervisor and we all wanted to give you something nice. they all chipped in and got me a 75$ gift card for the cafeteria to eat for free.

i almost cried i could not believe how nice people are. it humbled me in a way in which i couldnt' believe. renewed my sense of ppl in general.

husband also sent a huge thing of flowers inside a huge margarita glass and the note on it said here's your margarita!! because i kept saying how i wanted a drink lol.

svengandhi

It's the little sweet kindnesses like this that make me know that there is still good in the world. Enjoy your meals and your "margarita."

pepperidge

You know, sometimes really good things do happen. You must have touched their hearts. Helps make up for all the $%^%$%^& going on back in NY.

Jena

yea LOL. i'm practicing detatching. also alot's going to change when i get home, alot. all for the better. having this time and distance has allowed me to see what needs to be changed back there with both the kids and me.

DDD

What a lovely gesture of caring. It refreshes the soul when people display unexpected kindness. I'm touched. Also not a bad supportive move by husband, lol. That's wonderful too. Hugs. DDD

susiestar

Roll With It
How wonderful!! Not only is it thoughtful and caring, but it will help with the cost of the trip. The flowers in the glass are sweet too! - I hope that you can get things on a more balanced footing when you go home. Sometimes we need some distance to see how we want to change things.

Enjoy your gift card and flowers!!

Jena,

What a lovely group of people! I was so touched by your story, I had to wipe away a tear. It reminded me of the many kind acts performed by so many people when our difficult child was hospitalized for several months. It is reaffirming to know just how many kind people are in this world we all share.

You and your family remain in my thoughts and prayers.

Valerie

Jena

thanks. yea i thought it would be nice to share since we all struggle in one way or another. funny thing is my mom called this morning to tell me a new york radio station does "shout out's" their called from ppl they take requests.

so there was one this morning to Jena at the ronald mcdonald house in portland from her mother stating "i want more grandchildren"........ WEIRD

Jena

it wasn't. trust me. she's the one that called and said isnt' that weird/??i said yea kinda. yet nothing really shocks me these days lol