The other shoe

sosotired

This is what drives me crazy. There are so many things about difficult child I can deal with on a day to day basis without losing my mind ... the arguing, the attitude, the emotional outbursts, the whining, the constant talking, the goofiness, the doctor's appts, the medication refills, the explaning to others, the search for ways to help him, the constant shifting of behavior modification ... ALL of these things I can handle ... but waiting for the other shoe to drop is what gives me high blood pressure.

difficult child did really pretty well considering everything the first half of this year, then the other shoe dropped and it very nearly involved the law, dramatically changed our lives and still has me on my toes every minute with him.

But things have been good again, for at least two months and I hate that I can't enjoy it because I know, I just KNOW, the other shoe will drop soon and I'll be dealing with some unexpected, overwhelming, life changing event with difficult child.

I continue on with the psychiatrist and therapist visits, refills, appointments, books on behavior, ... and I wait. I look forward to the day I go barefoot.

Andy

Yep, it is the unknown future that gets us. I think all we can do is take care of ourselves. There is no way of knowing what that other shoe will bring so we prepare by keeping ourselves healthy, strong, and informed. Don't dwell on, "What if I will not be able to handle it." or "What will that other shoe bring" because so many of us have to face the other shoe and very seldom is it ever anything we thought would come. Often we feel we can not handle it but we plow through because that is what we have to do like it or not. Dwell instead on, "I am doing a great job, I am working on keeping myself energized, I will be able to handle anything that will be thrown at me."

So, are you taking care of yourself? Do you have a time to do what you want to do? Hobby?