The Phone Call......

New Leaf

I can see why. I can only imagine the fear a person would have to go through to testify against someone that has physically abuse them.
The worst part was the guy sitting right there. I knew he was trying to intimidate Rain. She just kept looking away. He had the nerve to turn around and eye me up.

I kept my steely mad mutha :censored2: eyes on him. (Sorry it was really intense.)

You know Roxy, the other bad part is how the defense attorney can cross examine and try to blame things on the victim. Yes, he is just trying to do his job.....BUT.........My daughter stood her ground, was honest..... tearful, but strong.
He ended up really looking rather foolish.

Good for him, and his client.

Judge ruled against him.

I don't think he will be seeing the sunshine soon, bail is too high.

It is unlikely this criminal will plead guilty.
Rain will have to keep the ball rolling, and testify another round for the court date.

We shall see.

I am hoping this may be a pivot point for my daughter.

It sort of was for me.
I heard things I did not want to hear.
It set the record straight, there is no denying the addiction, I heard it all.
I don't use the word hate often, I hate meth.
It has taken my daughter to dark places.
So, the pivot point for me was again...... knowing that I can't have a meth using adult child living in my home.
The guilt cloud is lifting, to be replaced by the sadness and anguish cloud.

I feel terrible that this man has abused her. NO ONE deserves to be mistreated.

This is my daughter and I love her,
but her choices........one bad choice led to another and another (X) ??????
She ended up with this man,
someone you and I would cross the street to avoid.
He has that look about him, it is not just my anger and disgust at what has happened to my daughter. It is not my bias.
It is the look of hard use of meth, the before and after posters on websites.
It is a Charles Manson look.
I am serious.

Very, very scary..........

I hope they are able to lock him up.

leafy

PonyGirl65

hallelujah! I am sooooooooooo proud of Rain right now! <3 And by the way, thank you for bringing Rain into my life. I have an image of her in my mind....of this lovely young island princess....yes, I confess, I have romanticized your daughter. Ok I can't explain it adequately. I don't mean that I've put her on a pedestal, or that I;m in denial of her difficult status.

It's your words. How you've written about her. Your love for her. I feel it, too. And, being distanced, that's the only thing that shines through....a mother's love for her daughter....

I have no daughters....

That's probably what it is. Your words have leapt of the page and brought Rain to life for me. And....just...Thanks :) Thank you for sharing her with us.

I hope the lock the guy up for a good long time!! I pray Rain will follow through and stay the course. And be changed by it. And find hope, and a way out.

Back to you.

Peace and Hugs!!

Feeling Sad

Both Rain and you are very brave. He sounds very scary. I am glad that your daughter did not look at him. I am also glad that he met your steely mother eyes.

Yes, it must have been horrible for you to hear all of the details. But, now you feel less guilty. That is a good thing.

Your daughter has made bad choices, but testifying against him took courage. I also hope that he is locked up after the trial.

Boy, you have been through a lot. You hate meth and I hate schizophrenia. I am happy that you are feeling a bit less guilty. Thank you for following up with us.

I am proud of my warrior sister!

Roxona

The worst part was the guy sitting right there. I knew he was trying to intimidate Rain. She just kept looking away. He had the nerve to turn around and eye me up.

I kept my steely mad mutha :censored2: eyes on him. (Sorry it was really intense.)

You know Roxy, the other bad part is how the defense attorney can cross examine and try to blame things on the victim. Yes, he is just trying to do his job.....BUT.........My daughter stood her ground, was honest..... tearful, but strong.

I'm so proud of you and daughter for stand up to this guy and his attorney. It takes a ton of courage and fortitude to do that. I have a hard time understanding why a person would want to represent such criminals. I've been a paralegal for over 20 years, and I have never once considered working for a criminal defense attorney. No way, no how. It's a pathetic excuse of a person who would continue to victimize another person who has already suffered enough. Attorneys are a necessary evil, and I suppose everyone deserves their day in court with fair representation, but man, if it had been my child that was being victimized, I'd probably being doing more than throwing laser eye daggers!

I heard things I did not want to hear.
It set the record straight, there is no denying the addiction, I heard it all.
I don't use the word hate often, I hate meth.

You and me both, sister! I can't even describe how much I hate meth. My son's abuse of this drug has taken our entire family to places I never ever imagined. So much pain and sadness and despair. The overwhelming anxiety. I don't know if we'll ever be whole again.

The only solace I have is when my son tells me that he loves me before I say it... or he gives me a hug before I ask. Those are the times when I see the goodness that we once had. They are like little bread crumbs to sustain me and keep me hopeful that the boy I raised is still there, and maybe with love, guidance and well placed boundaries he will learn to overcome this disease.

Peace and love to you and your daughter,
Rox