The riding lesson that was so painful to watch two weeks ago....

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
was a whole different ballgame tonight.

I contacted Wee's former Occupational Therapist (OT) and asked for some help/guidance and she made some suggestions that I passed on to the lesson instructor. Thankfully, the instructor was quite happy to have the input and tonight, they tried the suggestions made.

It worked wonderfully. Wee had a great time, the instructor and I both saw him "getting" it instead of getting easily frustrated, and he really showed her how great he can ride.

Oh, the difference small changes can make. And it was so nice to see him enjoying it, and feeling good about what he was doing, too.

susiestar

Roll With It
Awesome!!!! Great job Mom!! It really is fantastic to see such a difference, esp when one of the changes is Wee having FUN!

How is he handling not being in school? Or is he back in school?

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
That's what it's all about, isn't it? :D

That's ALL its about!

He's still going to struggle with this, but this was a far more productive session.

He goes back to school Wednesday. That is, if I send him (reference post in General - just not sure its even worth it). As long as we don't bring it up, he's doing ok. When we pass the school or he thinks of it, he gets a long face, but so far no hysterical weeping fits this round.

And I'm not even sure if that's good or bad...Know what I mean??