The saga continues

Wiped Out

Staff member
difficult child still hasn't been placed in a classroom-wish they would hurry up and make up their minds on which class they are going to place him. In the meantime he is by himself with the Special Education. teacher.

Yesterday at the after school program both boys are in there was more drama. The other boy started calling difficult child a retard. Needless to say when I heard this I was furious! He told husband on the way home.

husband will tell the principal but I think because it is the after school program they can't do anything so he will also need to talk to the after school people!

Maybe I should ask for the after-school people to remove their child! Maybe I should call the police to say he is harassing my son! Honestly I won't do that but I am worried now that difficult child will eventually be unable to control himself and get himself kicked out of after school!

I've about had it with this situation!

busywend

Sharon, I need to go catch up on things, been in a funk. Sorry to hear about difficult children trouble at after school. Sounds dreadful. I hope things start on upward climb soon.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Sharon,

Is this other child being held accountable at all? While he isn't being physically aggressive, he is becoming verbally abusive to your difficult child. In many cases, that's just as bad or worse (at least it is considered that way in the home environment).

Just wondering. I can hear the frustration in your voice - I'd be fed up as well. I'd also be asking why in the world these 2 are allowed within 10 feet of one another? Seems that neither have a real good grasp on impulse control.

Wish I could say or do more to help.

meowbunny

Considering the lengths the other boy's father is willing to go to, I think you may have come close to equalling them to get that man to see his son is at fault, too. I wouldn't go as far as calling the police -- no grounds -- but I would seriously consider try demanding the boy be tossed out of the day care. I'd also try to find a way to contact the father and let him know if his son continues calling my child names, etc., I would be doing things like asking for a restraining order or suing for libel. Sorry, names like that are just not acceptable and that boy and his parents need to be held accountable somehow. Good luck!!!

You should be proud of your son for not retailiating when he was called that. Many kids would have been slugging at that point.

Marguerite

From what you have already told us in other posts about that boy's father, I wouldn't bother trying to contact him. If you instead go straight for the restraining order (after all, you have really tried hard with everything else, and it's just not sufficient) then maybe people will be a bit more diligent about keeping those boys apart.

Talk to the after care people first, but if they can't do anything much, then you may need to get the piece of paper to give them some leverage.

This is just not acceptable.

Marg

Wiped Out

Staff member
Busy-Sorry you've been in a funk-I hope things are o.k.! I too am hoping for an upward climb soon-it can't happen soon enough!

Linda-No he doesn't seem to be being held accountable at all and it is so frustrating!!!!

MB-I am very proud of him for not retaliating! He did so good by not responding. From what the police told that father they don't issue restraining orders for kids difficult child's age.

Marg-I hear you about it being unacceptable. Restraining orders aren't a possibility.

husband did talk to the After School person today. Thank goodness the adult heard and remembered it. He said difficult child wasn't doing anything at all when the boy started insulting him-just did it out of the blue. husband asked him to please talk to the parents about this and he said he would. In addition he told him what had been going on and asked him to document it in writing so we would have documentation of this happening.

I'm sure there will be more drama tomorrow because I am sure the father will find a way to blame this on difficult child!

difficult child did start in his new classroom today. It sounds like it went o.k.

What an absolute crock.

Good on the after school person for being cooperative, and good on difficult child for keeping his cool. I am so sorry for all you are having to go through with this kid and his father (whom I blame way more than the kid, let me tell you...)

F

flutterbee

It sounds like the other kid's father is a bully and that the apple didn't fall too far from the tree. Kids are really good at copying behavior.

(((hugs)))