The school called to tell me- They can't locate my daughter

lizanne2

And I was just going to post that I was proud of her for sticking up for herself the other day.

Apparently, she was missing from 7th period and missing form 8th period. She has been finding school VERY difficult. I guess she just walked out. Though I do worry for her. She is SO vulnerable.

I can't leave work to find her.... the neighbor isn't answering her phone. She probably doesn't care but knw she probaly can't go to the sectionals for track.

And I am just through, wasted, spent....

I have difficult child's IEP tomorrow.....as if that wasn't enough.

So Board aunties....prayers that she is home and relatively safe in her be (where she goes when depressed, just like her mommy)........... until I can get out of work!

Thanks for listening.

Last edited:

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Is there anyone else you can call who can go look for her? A classmate's cell?

Hope she turns up soon!

Nancy

Oh Lizanne I'm so sorry. I've been there, down to knowing she probably would be kicked off the flag team. It's a horrible sick feeling in the pit of your stomach. And the worst part is they don't seem to care nearly as much as we do.

I'm sending prayers that you find her safe and that she hasn't burned too many bridges.

Nancy

lizanne2

Sorry for the late response..... She had walked home and wouldn't answer the phone. However, my repeated calls prompted her to walk back to school( almost 2 miles) for track practice........

Thanks for your support. ThAT was a panic attack for me.

It does appear that the school nurse told her not to waste her time. (The metformin upsets her stomach and she is too embarassed to go to the girls room) And then when she asked to go to guidance she was told NO. So she walked out.

When i told her i was worried about she said--"what did you think i would do.....I just come home and cry til i fall asleep. I couldn't cuz the phone kept ringing." It makes me sad to think that is what her days are like.

The consequence comes today. She rode to school with the hoody pulled over her hard...more anxious every minute.

I will be seeing her caseworker(also difficult child's caseworker) this morning for difficult child IEP.
I think a permanent pass to the guidance department for the rest of the year. So someone a little more caring and versed with special kids can help her.

JJJ

So she knew she needed help, asked for it and was told "no". That would make me so mad. Eeyore walked out of class 3 times in one week for the same reason. Luckily, he just walked to the office and demanded to see the principal.

I'm so glad that she was safe and I hope the school will give her the permanent pass. The end of the year is likely stressing her out, I hope she enjoys her summer.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Glad she's safe.

If one of my kids asked for help and was told No.......um, I'd go off on someone. (and have) Getting a kid to ask for help is not always such an easy thing to do. Telling them No when the reason is valid, just reinforces them not to want to ask in the future.

tinamarie1

Im so glad she was found safe. As far as the Metformin, I have to take a large amount of it every day for diabetes. It is VERY embarassing to have "bathroom" episodes. And you really have no control over it. I can't imagine being a young person and having to deal with that at school. I would think you can even get a letter/note from her doctor saying she is on that medicine and it causes severe bathroom issues. They have to be accomidating...thats a medical issue. *big hugs* and I hope IEP goes well.

Abbey

Spork Queen
Glad she's safe. Personally, I would take this up with the school. Their response is unacceptable.

I know as a veteran teacher that kids sometimes use the nurse or counselor to get out of class. But, I have always felt there is some underlying reason. It's not because they don't want to take a test or be bored with a lecture. Something else is going on. A GOOD counselor would explore that. Going to school with a hoodie over your head and hating the experience of learning is not good. That's hiding from the world.

Watch over her.

Abbey

witzend

I'm glad that she was safe, if somewhat unsound. She sure sounds depressed. Is she on any medications? Can you post a signature that gives more info about her diagnosis's and rx's and treatments?

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
I think your daughter should get credit for her maturity...

How many of us have had bad days at work and have had to take an extended lunch, leave early or take a "mental health day"?

Your daughter recognized that she needed to take a break from that environment--asked for help--was denied--and so chose to walk home. Sounds liek the same decision any of us would make in that situation.

I hope she is not penalized for this in any way...

Best,

--DaisyF