The shoveling.is.done.

Wiped Out

Staff member
At least I hope it is!!!! difficult child tried to help for a very little bit (about 10 minutes). easy child helped a lot (I paid her but at least she had a good attitude about it:)).

She worked about 2 1/2 hours. The first time I was out about 2 1/2 hours, then another 40 minutes or so and then after the plow went through about another 45-60 minutes. Thankfully my neighbor helped with the snow plow part or I'd probably still be out there!

I'm a little sore right now-especially one muscle in my left arm-hope I didn't tear it.

I've never shoveled so much snow in my life and I've grown up here in Wisconsin. I have a feeling by tomorrow I'm going to be very sore. Good thing is it counted as my weight lifting and cardio for the day!!!!

I hope everyone else who is dealing with the snow is dug out!

Mattsmom277

Thank goodness we have a plow that is paid by the season. Guy with a plow on front end of his truck. He does the driveway each snowfall. Leaves only the walk way to shovel. Still took about 5 times completely shovelling throughout the day to get it clear. We'd clear it, more snow. Over and over. Crazy. If we dont' do it as it comes down though, its far too much to try to push aside after it all ends.
Lucky us are getting a bit more snow overnight and tomorrow it is snow squalls. So my lovely snow banks will drift back to the walkway, shovelling again!!
We got about 8-10 inches today. What about you?

klmno

Oh gosh! I'm glad to hear it's done but what in the world were you doing working on it?? You need husband to get out there- not you! I hope you aren't too sore tomorrow. And kudos to the kids for working on it!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Wowsers! Shoveling snow is MEN's work. I agree husband should've been out there, at least for part of it. Nice the the kids helped. I always paid mine to do it....and treated them to homemade hot cocoa when they finished.

We got nothing but raging wind and rain. I think I'd rather have had the snow myself, especially since neither husband or I have anywhere we have to go.

Hugs

Wiped Out

Staff member
We officially had 14.1 inches of snow although parts of the city recorded 18 inches. husband kept volunteering to go out and try shoveling. His torn rotator cuff (sp?) has been really bothering him lately so I wanted to try and have easy child and I do it without him. He would have done it and then ended up in a ton more pain. I made him stay in and deal with difficult child!

Fran

Former desparate mom
It's time to invest in a snow blower.

Shoveling is one of the worst movements for the spine and vertebrae.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Sharon, I have a snow blower here that is not being used currently. kt is terrified of the noise & prefers to shovel.

I hired a snow removal service for the season.

Saying that, get your behind up here & pick this thing up. You can use it for however long you need it.

Wiped Out

Staff member
I'm definitely feeling the sore muscles today. Even my ab muscles are hurting.

We have a snowblower that just doesn't work. Linda-if we can't get ours fixed I may be driving up to take you up on your offer! You are a sweetie!

Star-lol!

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
I live in N WI and can no longer shovel snow due to an extremely bad back. Thank dog for private snowplowing services.

I have a guy who comes out whenever we get 3" or more and sends me a monthly bill.

Fran

Former desparate mom
Seems to me if you live in Wisconsin, Minnesota, Chicago, upper Michigan that a snowblower should be a bigger priority than a car. :rofl:

:snowing::snowangel::skate::sled:

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Fran, trust me. A car is still a greater priority. You have never had to walk any distance in 30 below windchills or worse.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Fran, you spent ONE year here & you wussed out! ;) Of course a snow blower is a must have. husband & I purchased our snow blower & land mower when we bought the house.

We knew....we knew.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Fran-My aching muscles are telling me you may be right about the snowblower, however, GN has a point too. You both have me thinking I need a truck with a plow attached! Would be rofl but it hurts too much from shoveling-lol!

Fran

Former desparate mom
GN, I spent my whole life in the Pittsburgh area. I walked plenty to get to the bus stop from K through 16 when I started to drive. No thinsulate then. Just wool itchy stuff. :highvoltage:

WO you may have gotten a good idea about a 4 wheel vehicle that has a plow attachment. LOL.
Maybe look on craig's list for someone who says they are leaving popsicle land for warmer weather and buy their snow blower. LOL.
I'm just teasing since one year in Minnesota pretty much reminded me that I don't like freezing after getting out of the shower. :frozen::rofl:

I'm just teasing of course. I hate extreme weather on either end. I totally utilize the tools that are available between swimming and or snow blowers to survive.

Hope santa brings everyone in the snow belt a snow blower and a kindly neighbor with a plow.

K

Kjs

we were suppose to get all that snow. I guess living on the Lake makes it rain instead. Atleast now. Later it will be Lake Affect.

We only got about an inch. Can still see the grass.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Yeah, KJS, I have dear friends who live a couple of miles off the lake in Milwaukee. They only got rain mixed with a little sleet. Gather it was very stormy though.

We got our first "big one" this year and a couple of months down the road will probably be fondly remembering when a "big" snow was ONLY 14 inches, LoL.

I actually hate heat more than I do cold. I can handle the cold up here easier than I can handle the heat...

Usually, sometimes it just gets brutally cold.