The site has sold

Fran

Former desparate mom
This website is no longer for sale. A member runawaybunny(Cheryl) has agreed to purchase the site. She has a true affection for the site and so much more technical abilities than I.
For better or worse, I will continue to administer the site for the time being. Not much will be different for the next few weeks. TM and I will work together, with the moderators to keep things moving smoothly while Cheryl does her own sort of magic. Eventually, I will fade into the background as a regular member. Until then, you are stuck with me. :smile:
You are family. The good, the bad and the indifferent and I have learned to respect the struggle and those that have not given up. I know that if all of us keep thinking about the good of the site, it will survive.
Cheryl has made it possible for cd.com to continue on into the future to help those of us that still need to be here and those coming up behind us. I am very grateful.
Thank you Cheryl.:bravo:

PS: Your part of keeping the site alive and healthy is by shopping through the site vendors and posting/responding frequently. It will make the difference.

Lothlorien

Yay! We love you Fran, but we are glad that someone is able to keep the site up and running.

Welcome Cheryl! Thanks for taking us all on!

KateM

Fran, I'm happy for you that the site has been sold and I'm happy for me that you'll be "sticking around"! I truly appreciate your wisdom and experience. As I had mentioned in a post to typical teen, I find I need more info and support with my difficult child as he struggles to become an adult -- and there is less info and support out there for this age group.

Thanks to Cheryl! And , again, thanks to Fran and Tiredmommy! :bravo:

Cheryl,

Thank you!!! I'm new here and I already feel as though I would be lost without this site. You're truly an :smile:!!!

Fran,

I'm glad that you're not going to disappear into cyberspace!!! It'll be nice having you here as a regular member. Thanks again for all of your hard work and dedication. You're truly an angel too!!! (I tried to put the angel emoticon here too, but my computer skills are pathetic!!!)

Although its been said so many times, this site has made me realize that I'm truly not alone in my day to day struggles... I never thought I would feel this way. WFEN :smile:

judi

Cheryl - thanks for agreeing to take this on.

Fran - I will forever the six years so far with you at the helm. I truly have always appreciated your kind words even in subjects with which you disagreed. Are you sure you don't want to run for office? tee hee hee... take care.

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Our many thanks to Cheryl for continuing the site. Life would not be the same without it....

Fran, thanks for your "trusty" hand on the controls for the past six years. I'm sure Cheryl will be asking you many questions and we look forward to many more years of advice and a place to come and "vent".

Martie

Cheryl,

Thank you for keeping the site open.

It means a lot to many people.

Fran,

YOU BETTER NOT DISAPPEAR into cyber space.

Martie

Nancy

I'm so thrilled that this board will continue to be here for those, like us, who have no where else to turn and feel that no one else understands. This board has made a difference in so many lives and it is just like a family.

Thank you Cheryl for taking on this awesome responsibility. And thank you Fran for all you have done for us and continue to do.

Nancy

BusynMember

Cheryl, I can't thank you enough for letting us continue. This is "home" to me--nobody else gets the struggles I've had with my two "different" kids.

Fran, you are great. You not only help me see a possible future for my son, but you taught me how to be a better, more productive, more giving member; one who is not so fast to jump to conclusions or confront. I will always thank you for that, and do hope you stay around. I love hearing about your son, and how you deal with his issues.

To my friends here, it's great we'll all be able to stay together when we struggle and triumph.

PiperThree

Fran and Cheryl - thank you both. I feel as if a gift was handed to me the day I discovered this site. I, like so many others, can't bear to think of daily life without being able to land softly hear time and time again. Thank you again so very much my angel friends. :smile:

Piper

Wiped Out

Staff member
Runawaybunny-Thank you! (I love your boardname-I used to read the Runaway Bunny book to my kids all the time). Don't know where I'd be without this site so again thank you!

houseofcards

I want to add my deep thanks as well. Some of us don't have any other outlet for the stress with difficult child life. I for one don't seem to ask for support from those around me, but this site just oozes support and I would miss it terribly if it were to stop. Thank you Cheryl and thank you Fran and all who came before.

LittleDudesMom

Fran,

as much as we will miss you, we are happy you worked hard to find a buyer so the site could continue to be a place of support, information, and escape.

To Cheryl, thanks so much for your part in the site's continued life. It is so important.

Even though it's only 7 am, I raise a glass to both of you :smile:

Sharon