The size of bowling .......

Star*

call 911........call 911
3 little words -

Kamora, ice, milk, - shake

okay that's 4 -

Sometimes I just would like to know what it IS like to be irresponsible. Like tonight - I can watch Pootie or go home and have a boozy milkshake -

Decisions/Decisions!:surprise:

witzend

I don't know, Star. I think I would be breaking out my waders pretty soon. It's getting pretty deep in your house! ;)

All you can do is wait it out, and contribute in whatever way you feel comfortable with. Dude knows he has to meet you halfway, and CW sounds like a dude-let. All you can do is know that everyone knows where you and DF stand, and let them do whatever it is that they are going to do...

Abbey

Spork Queen
Gee ma neez!!! (dont' know on earth how to spell that)

$1500 a week? Hook me up!! Shoot, I make a whopping $212 a week now.

conflama? Now, you're on to something. You could coin that term.

You made a fair offer...much more than I would.

Abbey

Hopeless

....Hopeful Now
Oh Star, I am sending you hugs, a large bottle of wine and another blanket to throw over your head. The more I kept reading, the more confused I was on what was truth and what was a lie.

N

Nomad

Totally jazzed about even the potential/hope of one difficult child helping another. Fingers crossed...prayer has been said.

by the way, what is Kamora? ????

susiestar

Roll With It
Star,

I take it back. I am not at all sure I would help Dude after the friend thing, the LIE about having $$, etc... I do hope he gets up and helps your coworker. And that it doesn't strain your office relationship!

This is just dude's mess - I like the pat on the hand and "I am sure you will figure something out".

But, he is 17 isn't he?? Will the court make YOU pay the $$ since he is under 18??

I wish that dude could see the light. I say you grandnap Pootie and go home to make your boozy milkshake and cuddle your furbabies.

Hugs,

susie

ps. sorry. I can't claim credit for conflama. It is a favorite word of mine, but I got it from some show Iyanla Vanzant used to do with difficult children who wanted to turn their life around. Adults though.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Kamora is like - nectar of the gods.....lol

It's like Kaluah - but I like Kamora's $ better - and since I do not drink but maybe 1 drink a year - and it keeps (I think) I have a small "mother's helper" bottle that I mix so weak it's pathetic to call it a drink.

I could probably get more high on Hershey's chocolate syrup overloaded in my cup being a pre-diabetic. lol

I didn't get Pootie -
I didn't get a drink -
I didn't call Dude anymore -
I didn't bother my co-worker - his offer he can call.

I did - stay in bed - thanks for the blankey hopeful.
I did make myself some french toast
I checked my email
I wrote some emails back
I avoided conflama (thanks su-z-*)

Dude called - asked if he can work Sunday around the house after church. Okay.
He called because he couldn't come today. Okay.
He said he would take the job if the man calls. Okay.
He said he'd bring Pootie tomorrow. Okay.

I said in a whisper - you may leave but she will stay. :whiteflag:

DF said he's got a bunch of stuff that he no longer wants (cool junk, speakers, equalizers etc) and he's giving it to Dude to a. get him some money wherever he can sell this stuff, b. get it out of the house.

I told DF I was avoiding "conflama" and he said "Is that the stuff that you bake in your Creme Brule' dishes? Because I am out of propane."

Sigh - and they wonder why I come here.

:laugh:

Steely

Star* Hugs. So glad you took a day to bury your head. We all need those.

Seriously going to use the word "Conflama" every single flipping day. If someone asks what that means, I will just smile, as if they should know the word, and the might be the dullest bulb in the bunch if the don't.:tongue:
I might even contact Websters.

I am having my own "dude" issues around here..........seriously..........when will their brain be attached to some neurons that connect? Sigh.

susiestar

Roll With It
Thanks for the recipe Star!

Sorry you didn't get your milkshake, or Pootie!

DF is a nice guy for giving Dude all that stuff. he will need to do something to sign that Dude got the stuff as a gift from him just so that if Dude is pulled over the cops don't think he stole it.

Anyway, tell DF that the stuff in creme brulee dishes is NEVER to be avoided (unless because the diabetic issues)!!!!

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Oh Lordy... :faint:

Star, after you take your waders off, after all of this conflama-hooey ;) dies down, please read what Nomad says here. I think this is incredibly good advice and worth a second look:

Anyway, one good thing I "think" I'm figuring out is who has brains and power and who are the idiots. Weed them out. Pick and chose your battles. Ignore the rest as best as you are able. When something is really important, go to someone in charge who has a good head on her shoulders. Hopefully, there is at least one person around who fits the bill and make sure you are good to them.

Big hugs,
Su-z-* :flowers:

Estherfromjerusalem

Star,

I have been away from the board for a while, and I just saw this.

I just wanted to send you a really big and strong hug. And also, to send you a lot of strength to cope with this situation.

Love, Esther

Star*

call 911........call 911
Thanks All! Dude is on his own -

I got a call Friday - telling me he'd be there Sat.
I got a call Sat. telling me he couldn't make it, but would come Sunday.
I got a call Sunday telling me he was going to church, and he knew I was mad.
I told him he was not a psychic and not to predict my temperment. I said good bye and hung up.

The man he was supposed to work with today? Never called, never showed and didn't do the work he was assigned over the weekend.

My co-worker the Supervisor told me to "rethink" having my son ride and work with this difficult child. He said it was not a good idea.

Between them BOTH being difficult child - I doubt this will ever happen.

I can tell you this - I AM NOT worrying about Dude or his puppy or his money or him going to court any more. He gives me a rash.
:mad:

N

Nomad

:flowers:

I agree, I think you need to get away from this and rest. A year or two ago, I bought this fuzzy fake fur blanket from kmart or some similar store. When I go through these experiences, I wrap myself in it and read a good book or watch a good tv show. This is what I would recommend you do. I rally do like the "conflama" word, but I would tend to call this something a little less delicate. When my language gets a little unsavory, I know it is blankey time. Whatever you decide to do....after you re-charge, hopefully you can find someone who has a couple of brain cells working and a good heart to help you with situations concerning Dude. Hugs.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Nomad - thanks for the flowers and the suggestion of wrapping myself up in something.

I shall choose........(or perhaps it will be chosen for me)

A straight jacket.
:tongue:

Sad part of it all? DF was actually LOOKING forward to having Dude home and getting some much needed help from someone able bodied. It's taken him nearly 2 years to say "okay, I'll work with Dude."

CURSES........DRAT.......DOUBLE DRAT!

Steely

Oh, dude................seriously, you need to get your little head together!!!

He sounds too much like my ex, it makes me ill-ish.

He will get his life together. Somehow. Someway.

Hugs for your Mommy heart.

DUUUUUUDE!! *smacks upside his head*

I'd love just a peek into his head to see what makes him tick.

Could he possibly, maybe, by the slightest ever chance in a million, in some way shape or form, actually want to get locked up? Like that would be easier than having to fend for himself?

Or is he holding out because he really believes that in the end, you will come through?

Oh, and when I get done smacking him upside his head, I got a foot to plant squarely in the cw's "sun-don't-shine".

Star, I am praying so very hard for you and the Dude.

lovemysons

Hey star, does sound like a tangled mess.
Glad difficult child didn't ask you for money.

Hang in there, it does get better eventually...doesn't it???
Hugs and love,
lovemysons